White Sox Acquire Jarrod Dyson from PIT

Look at Ray Ray Run

33 minutes ago, wegner said:

Am I remembering this correctly?....I want to say there was a series late in the year in the season before the Royals won it all, in which KC won 2 of the games in the later innings against the Sox where their speed on the basepaths destroyed the Sox?

Terrence Gore?

Dyson just went from the 2020 Pittsburgh Pirates to the 2020 Chicago White Sox. He must be over-the-moon.

Also, as a little side note, TA not the only African American on the team anymore, so that's cool. Out of all the things to love about this team, one thing that I think tends to get overlooked is how diverse it is. I love the diversity on this team.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Terrence Gore?

fathom remembered Gore scored from 2nd on a wild pitch.

I want to say in one of the other games in the series something crazy happened late on the basepaths as well....like a guy going from 1st to 3rd on a bunt or something  nutty like that?

Love this move and it doesn't affect the cuban intl sweep stakes.

Dyson is a weapon off the bench as a PR and an elite defensive outfielder. Dyson-Robert-Engel is awesome.

I expect Gonzalez to be sent down and Goins and Collins dropped when Sanchez and Madrigal come up.

• Like 2

Trading Kopech is a no go for me, but I get why people wouldn't mind doing it. Kopech has a chance to be a top 3 pitcher of the 20's if he stays healthy. I think we need to try and get Bauer and pay him next year as well. The Reds may not want to do it, but we need to try hard to get it done. Bauer, Gio, DK, and Kopech can be a multiple championship caliber playoff rotations tarting next year. Bauer, Gio, and DK, can get it done this year if our offense shows up in the playoffs, especially with our bullpen. 

I like it from the standpoint that the bullpen will probably be shorter in October. They can afford to have a second defensive replacement and a good pinch running option. Maybe he can replace “whoever” in extra inning games too.

Edited by flavum

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fuck, what does that mean in terms of a Cespedes or Colas signing?

It has no bearing on a Cespedes or Colas signing since the money that is being used is from the current international pool. Remember, they extended the international signing period. They weren’t going to use the money anyways so why not use it to add some depth to the bench.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

What's Pittsburgh going to do with this money? Is there anybody left in this signing period? I know who cares about Pittsburgh. Just wondering. Seems odd. Unless they really can't afford Dyson? As for the Sox I like the move. No brainer.

Edited by smellysox

10 minutes ago, smellysox said:

What's Pittsburgh going to do with this money? Is there anybody left in this signing period? I know who cares about Pittsburgh. Just wondering. Seems odd. Unless they really can't afford Dyson? As for the Sox I like the move. No brainer.

Probably nothing TBH.  This is a cash considerations type of move.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I approve of this move, now go get Lynn.

Dyson<Engel. I don't want Lynn unless we only give up money & a sandwich or something. We don't need to add a 33 year old pitcher who's having a peak in his career by giving up future prospects that could lengthen the championship window. 

This move is confusing but at least doesn't cost much. 

14 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Who is Cespedes and Colas? I’ve been out of the loop.

And when are they getting the pitcher they need?

Two of the top Cubans that can be signed as of the next international signing period.  Sox have been mentioned as potential destinations for both, though nothing official or even sort of official has been said.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Who is Cespedes and Colas? I’ve been out of the loop.

And when are they getting the pitcher they need?

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Two of the top Cubans that can be signed as of the next international signing period.  Sox have been mentioned as potential destinations for both, though nothing official or even sort of official has been said.

Sox have not just been mentioned as potential destinations, but are considered a favorite to land one of them as one of a handful of teams (Mets & Marlins being the others) with significant slot room left.

• Like 2