9.1.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

7 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

McCann's new normal is not his historical normal. People said the same thing last year and now he has come out of the gate even better this year. Even if he cooled off towards the end last year his superior playing is not a fluke. 

His last PA last night is a perfect example of his new approach and stroke.  He's able to hit with 2 strikes now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea solid is how I'd describe it.  Just a bummer to have to carry his bat again.

At the end of the day, Yolmer has gone from a starter to a deep utility guy. Stressing over him now isn't worth it.  He wouldn't even be playing if Yoan could be past his injury problems.

• Like 1

Michael Pineda will start for the Twins tonight in the second game of a crucial three-game series against the Chicago White Sox at Target Field.

Center fielder Byron Buxton also returns from a shoulder injury and will be in the lineup tonight.

The Twins have lost six in a row.  Miguel Sano will lead off tonight as they try to break that string.

--Star Tribune.

Juan Minaya was DFA and Donaldson returns  tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/dallas-keuchel-572971?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

keuchel's statcast page for anyone interested. seems like he has been too lucky thus far 

Ground ball pitchers like him are always going to be at the mercy of luck. But as long as he keeps the exit velos and the barrels down, he'll be fine. His BABIP will normalize and he most likely won't end up with a ERA under 3. That's fine with me, cause I would be happy with a ERA and FIP under 4.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Ground ball pitchers like him are always going to be at the mercy of luck. But as long as he keeps the exit velos and the barrels down, he'll be fine. His BABIP will normalize and he most likely won't end up with a ERA under 3. That's fine with me, cause I would be happy with a ERA and FIP under 4.

Also worth noting that at least Fangraphs and DRS really like the White Sox's defense this year. We currently have the highest DRS in the league, and are ok in the UZR version also. Good defense helps ground ball pitchers. 

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why doesn't he just fucking say he had COVID?  FFS, not sure why but that's bothering me.  

Yea that makes no sense. I’m not an expert but strep is treated with antibiotics, so you stop being contagious rather quickly. Not sure why he had to stay home for 2 weeks for strep lol

Edited by Bad Hombre
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Maybe it’s an embarrassment for some people to get COVID?  Like they weren’t being careful enough and they feel guilty. 

I mean he should own it just as a public figure so we can all get out of this faster.  Some people that don't believe its real might change their minds.  I'm so sick of lockdown.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why doesn't he just fucking say he had COVID?  FFS, not sure why but that's bothering me.  

Doesn't he realize that if he just admits he had Covid then the fanbase would give him some slack? 

Both Moncada and Mazara have lost a bunch of their power this year. Moncada had Covid so it's not hard to connect the dots. 

Why the fuck is he lying? I get it if he's afraid of a Clevinger/Plesac situation but it's not like they're taking protocol that seriously given that Cooper is wearing his mask incorrectly, so I don't get it. 

I guess we'll hear the truth in February. 

I know I'd be much more willing to cut him slack if I knew it was Covid. You don't stay home for 2 weeks for Strep. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's much more nuanced than that in a pandemic that has cost everybody something.

It isn't.  These aren't our slaves where we get to intrude on their well-being and personal lives more than we already do.  They don't owe us any detailed explanation of their health.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's choosing to lie about it, he's made it our business.

its his health. he can lie about it all he wants.  it really isnt any of your business.  not sure why that's so hard to understand for some people.  do I need to draw out an analogy with someone who isnt a pro ball player to make the point more clear or.. ?

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's choosing to lie about it, he's made it our business.

He could very well be telling the truth. I've had athletes be down for a week with strep. High fever, soreness and the works. The being off for the additional week, I'm sure was a precaution due to the pandemic. You don't want a guy who just came off being that sick exposed to anyone where he is more susceptible. His being out of sync was due to the time off not necessarily from being sick the entire time.

He has continued to stick to the story and as and there is no real reason to lie about it as others have said, so I would be inclined to believe it.

• Like 2