Sox vs Twins. 9/16 - 7:10

Bad Hombre

• bmags pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm sorry but why the f%$# is Mazara in the lineup again?  He has looked awful and Engel busted his ass twice down the line to get infield singles last night.  I disapprove of this greatly!! 

Well you see Nomar said he’s due for a breakout any day now, so I think Ricky actually believed him. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Mazara needs as much play time as possible so he can market himself to his new team next year. 

He's under control for next season, wouldn't be surprised if Hahn, the one who brought him here, tried to salvage something with one more year.

Would rather have McCann bat behind Robert, gives him some semblance of protection vs. Joe Borchard 2.0.

46 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm sorry but why the f%$# is Mazara in the lineup again?  He has looked awful and Engel busted his ass twice down the line to get infield singles last night.  I disapprove of this greatly!! 

This is where I'm at as well.  There's really no justification for Mazara getting another start this year, or even being on the roster.

7 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I have no issue with looking at Nomar for next year if nothing opens up over the winter but there is no reason why he is in there now.  He looks foolish at the plate. 

It baffles me anyone would consider bringing him back for next year. What have you seen to think he has the potential to even meet the minimal success he had before this season?  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, fathom said:

It baffles me anyone would consider bringing him back for next year. What have you seen to think he has the potential to even meet the minimal success he had before this season?  

33 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I think it's fair to wonder if COVID has sapped Nomar the way Yoan said it's done for him.  That said, Mazara was a bad player before this season and there's no reason to believe he'll become a decent one next season.

He will absolutely get a shot somewhere next year, he'll get a contract that gives him an invite to spring training, maybe a major league contract but maybe not. But he won't get anywhere near the $6 million he'd get if the White Sox offered him arbitration. 

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He will absolutely get a shot somewhere next year, he'll get a contract that gives him an invite to spring training, maybe a major league contract but maybe not. But he won't get anywhere near the $6 million he'd get if the White Sox offered him arbitration. 

Exactly, and he’s worth a shot for a non-contender. For a team like the Sox that should be WS or Bust next year, they need a more valuable player in that position.  And no, I’m not talking about big bucks for Springer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Exactly, and he’s worth a shot for a non-contender. For a team like the Sox that should be WS or Bust next year, they need a more valuable player in that position.  And no, I’m not talking about big bucks for Springer.

Its going to be Brantley or a trade target.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic