Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

9/26 GT: Cubs @ Sox (6:10pm)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s fucking go!

Oh. Yay! So excited.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I wonder if we’ll win today? 

In theory, Jon Lester should be the definition of a slump-buster, so it’s really put up or shut-up time today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lefty on the mound on a warm night seems like a fine time to regain that home run stroke and put runs on the board.  Just win one more game to finish 10 games over and avoid going out on a massive losing streak. 

Edited by SouthWallace
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a miserable week boys. This may have been one of the worst weeks of being a fan I can remember in a long time. I know some of you will say well we weren't good the last few years but because of that we weren't so vested into what happened. This year being so invested into this team and the way we have played the last week and the games that we have lost the last week have made me age maybe 10 years. I don't know what I was more disappointed with the walk off losses to Cleveland or the shit show that we saw last night. I hope that was the bottom and we got it out of our system and now we can start playing some ball and it starts tonight let's f******* go!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

It's been a miserable week boys. This may have been one of the worst weeks of being a fan I can remember in a long time. I know some of you will say well we weren't good the last few years but because of that we weren't so vested into what happened. This year being so invested into this team and the way we have played the last week and the games that we have lost the last week have made me age maybe 10 years. I don't know what I was more disappointed with the walk off losses to Cleveland or the shit show that we saw last night. I hope that was the bottom and we got it out of our system and now we can start playing some ball and it starts tonight let's f******* go!

For some reason, I don’t really remember our 2012 collapse. Looked it up, and yeah, it was bad.

However, I remember 2008 well. Getting swept by the Twins, and then winning three straight including Game 163 to knock those guys out in revenge, and then getting bumped out of the playoffs relatively easily.

I think the 2020 version of that would be getting the Tribe in the first round, taking our revenge there, and then getting eliminated by whoever in round two. I’d very much be happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be pretty wild if the Sox win and the Indians and Twins lose today—and after all of the bad stuff this week, they win the division if they beat the Cubs on Sunday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

It's been a miserable week boys. This may have been one of the worst weeks of being a fan I can remember in a long time. I know some of you will say well we weren't good the last few years but because of that we weren't so vested into what happened. This year being so invested into this team and the way we have played the last week and the games that we have lost the last week have made me age maybe 10 years. I don't know what I was more disappointed with the walk off losses to Cleveland or the shit show that we saw last night. I hope that was the bottom and we got it out of our system and now we can start playing some ball and it starts tonight let's f******* go!

I love this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, flavum said:

It would be pretty wild if the Sox win and the Indians and Twins lose today—and after all of the bad stuff this week, they win the division if they beat the Cubs on Sunday.

Would love it. Don’t see the Indians losing to Pittsburgh at all but I could see Minnesota losing one or two more against the Reds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, flavum said:

It would be pretty wild if the Sox win and the Indians and Twins lose today—and after all of the bad stuff this week, they win the division if they beat the Cubs on Sunday.

The Twins are facing Castillo today, so it’s a real possibility they could lose.  The Indians are facing Musgrove, so less likely they lose but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been alot of comments on the internet and in tomorrows Tribune   about Frank Thomas  critical post game remarks after last nights loss to the Cubs. White Sox management doesn't take kindly to criticisim. I wonder if Thomas won't be asked to come back next year on the postgame show.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we lose today I vote for no game thread tomorrow. Because at that point it is in our best interest to lose Sunday.

No manager of the year for Ricky.

Probably get the As left handed starters and meh lineup

Second round get the Twins or Astros. Two teams we know we can beat if we advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

There have been alot of comments on the internet and in tomorrows Tribune   about Frank Thomas  critical post game remarks after last nights loss to the Cubs. White Sox management doesn't take kindly to criticisim. I wonder if Thomas won't be asked to come back next year on the postgame show.

They would look like complete cowards firing Frank for being honest. This FO punted this season and the division. They better upgrade this team next year and back it up. No excuses whatsoever next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a 4 game winning streak starting tonight.  Put last week's bullshit behind us.  Let's Go!!

:gosox3:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

 

If we lose today I vote for no game thread tomorrow.

 

You’ve got my vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

There have been alot of comments on the internet and in tomorrows Tribune   about Frank Thomas  critical post game remarks after last nights loss to the Cubs. White Sox management doesn't take kindly to criticisim. I wonder if Thomas won't be asked to come back next year on the postgame show.

They'll have to replace Frank, Ozzie, Stone and even Our Chuck at this point then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

a win

What is that? I know not this foreign three letter word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×