La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

OK, just gotta say, if they are having this much of a problem even getting charges filed, they have no chance at making the charges stick.

Agree; our legal system is broken AF but sadly the only people that can exploit those cracks are people with money or influence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol. 

It was a fucking dui. He tested over the legal limit. Them getting off on a technicality doesn't change what happened. In fact its just more embarrassing now. 

Why the LOL?  I am not defending anyone I was just pointing out the oddness of the timing of the case and the fact that the DA had a rather bad accident and may not have been involved in the filing of the charges.

1 hour ago, BrianAnderson said:

I think this is too conspiracy ... if the sox were really trying to cover this up then they would've just waited the 10 days to get this dropped and nobody would be to the wiser. there was no rush to go get TLR. 

These things get pleaded out all the time. Pay $10k for a lawyer, get charges dropped, take a class, drive with a breathlyzer in your car for a year. No court during covid. saves everybody time/money. 

TLR - still a shitty human, but this is the way DUI's work a lot of the time. 

I would surmise that maybe the Sox did not know about the charges being filed right away. They might have been glossing things over a bit.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, this makes me frustrated. I already said that. You realize "you mad?" doesn't work when the person states he's mad?

And virtue signal by asking people to be held accountable to same way others would be? OK, champ. 

I can post whatever i like here; just like you can post your nonsense over and over. 

Reflections on a Review of Studies on the Physical and Emotional Toll of Carrying  Water | Engineering For Change

Since when is opposing drunk driving and a two tiered justice system deemed virtue signalling? You would think most people would deem opposition to either as simple human decency and common sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL wuht? Based on what?

He's been promoting this BS since day 1. He very clearly finds this funny and not to be a big deal. As do many old drunk dullards on the internet who have gone through their lives with no regard for others.

This is not just an old people thing. On the contrary...

In 2018 the highest percentage of drunk drivers (with BACs of . 08 g/dL or higher) were 21- to 24-year-olds, at 27%, followed by 25- to 34-year-olds, at 26%. Men are most likely to be involved in this type of crash, with 4 male drunk drivers for every female drunk driver.

Among drivers with BAC levels of 0.08% or higher involved in fatal crashes in 2016, nearly three in 10 were between 25 and 34 years of age (27%). The next two largest groups were ages 21 to 24 (26%) and 35 to 44 (22%).

The highest percentage of drunk drivers involved in fatal crashes during 2010 was for drivers ages 21 to 24 (34%), followed by ages 25 to 34 (30%), and ages 35 to 44 (25%).2

As we age many of us stop doing foolhardy things and consider ourselves lucky that our actions did not result in harm to others and ourselves.

Speeding and drunk driving are  mostly committed by those who do not contemplate their own mortality and are among the most selfish, i.e. young adult males.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

A repeat DUI is plenty serious but one factor for the law is he has not killed anyone yet. I would give him some time doing service in a BLM neighborhood and revoke his license. There is a difference and that is how the law works.

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is not just an old people thing. On the contrary...

In 2018 the highest percentage of drunk drivers (with BACs of . 08 g/dL or higher) were 21- to 24-year-olds, at 27%, followed by 25- to 34-year-olds, at 26%. Men are most likely to be involved in this type of crash, with 4 male drunk drivers for every female drunk driver.

Among drivers with BAC levels of 0.08% or higher involved in fatal crashes in 2016, nearly three in 10 were between 25 and 34 years of age (27%). The next two largest groups were ages 21 to 24 (26%) and 35 to 44 (22%).

The highest percentage of drunk drivers involved in fatal crashes during 2010 was for drivers ages 21 to 24 (34%), followed by ages 25 to 34 (30%), and ages 35 to 44 (25%).2

As we age many of us stop doing foolhardy things and consider ourselves lucky that our actions did not result in harm to others and ourselves.

Speeding and drunk driving are  mostly committed by those who do not contemplate their own mortality and are among the most selfish, i.e. young adult males.

If you are still doing this at 76, you have a pretty big problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Since when is opposing drunk driving and a two tiered justice system deemed virtue signalling? You would think most people would deem opposition to either as simple human decency and common sense.

"Drunk driving is cool, snowflake" is such an appalling position to take, and the amount of people going with it (more so on Twitter than ST) is discouraging

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2020 at 4:30 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

You literally just cited an article on Tony La Russa giving playing time to one black SS over another black SS as proof that he’s a super racist.  Again, La Russa deserves to be called out for his shitty, borderline racist comments, but implying he is a KKK supporter or white supremacist is beyond fucking ridiculous unless you have much stronger evidence than anything you’ve posted so far.

I don't like LaRussa a bit but its offensive to me the way anytime a white manager has an argument with a minority player, the accusation of his being a racist always get leveled and amplified by a sensationalist press. It is total bullshit what is going on in society and the media right now.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I don't like LaRussa a bit but its offensive to me the way anytime a white manager has an argument with a minority player, the accusation of his being a racist always get leveled and amplified by a sensationalist press. It is total bullshit what is going on in society and the media right now.

i think butt hurt is a bad look on you. Anytime you have to announce there is no racism it's time to circle back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Again, why are we pretending that this is a new thing for Tony?  These accusations have followed him for decades, so this isn't anything to do with RIGHT NOW. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, why are we pretending that this is a new thing for Tony?  These accusations have followed him for decades, so this isn't anything to do with RIGHT NOW. 

I think that I would have heard "accusations" of LaRussa being a racist before this shit happened. Especially since I have never like the guy in the first place. I just think that this guy is an egotistical cheating asshole. But despite being one, he still made it into the HOF in spite of his being an egotistical cheating asshole. I think that in this day and age of cancel culture and the other crap that goes along with it, that if there were allegations about him being a guy who despises black players, that this would have been screamed to high heaven on the national sports media. Not a peep to my knowledge.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I think that I would have heard "accusations" of LaRussa being a racist before this shit happened. Especially since I have never like the guy in the first place. I just think that this guy is an egotistical cheating asshole. But despite being one, he still made it into the HOF in spite of his being an egotistical cheating a6sshole. I think that in this day and age of cancel culture and the other crap that goes along with it, that if there were allegations about him being a guy who despises black players, that this would have been screamed to high heaven on the national sports media. Not a peep to my knowledge.

Ron Gant accused him of being a racist last century. He also named several black playershe claimed hated him.

Edited by Dick Allen

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ron Gant accused him of being a racist last century. He also named several black playershe claimed hated him.

Although yesterday he apologized for saying ”what was on his mind,” Gant said on Tuesday that several African American players, including Henderson, didn’t like La Russa, and suggested it was because La Russa was a racist.

”Rickey Henderson didn’t like him, Royce Clayton didn’t like him,” Gant said. ”He treated Ozzie Smith like dirt. Brian Jordan didn’t like him. I don’t know too many people who did like him. You do the math. Something’s not right there.”

”I can’t say Tony is a racist,” Henderson said. ”I can’t say what he and Ron Gant got involved in that made him feel that bad about it, or what favoritism [La Russa] was using in St. Louis because I wasn’t there.

”But it had to be something tragic to see Ron Gant speak up because Ron Gant is a beautiful type of person. He’s probably the one guy you think never would speak up or say anything. So there must have been something he and Tony disagreed on and [Tony] was bad to him and it really hurt him in order for him to speak up.”

https://nypost.com/1999/02/25/rickey-la-russa-is-no-racist-but/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I think that I would have heard "accusations" of LaRussa being a racist before this shit happened. Especially since I have never like the guy in the first place. I just think that this guy is an egotistical cheating asshole. But despite being one, he still made it into the HOF in spite of his being an egotistical cheating asshole. I think that in this day and age of cancel culture and the other crap that goes along with it, that if there were allegations about him being a guy who despises black players, that this would have been screamed to high heaven on the national sports media. Not a peep to my knowledge.

This didn't age well.

• Like 1