5/21 Chicago @ New York 6:05

SoxBlanco

Just now, Vulture said:

Dude you have never performed grueling work clearly. I don’t know why you are acting like you have. Getting in planes and checking into hotels could only be considered grueling by someone who hasn’t. Your example of hard work is applying tape

I've done factory work, construction and worked at horse racing tracks shoveling crap. I was making a joke about the hands as that was your comment.

I understand you don't get why the travel, hotel and no rest schedule doesn;t sound tough until you experience it. It's the fact that you get no rest and breaks for 8 months. With real life jobs you actually get sleep and rest and days off. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I know you disagree , because you don’t even know what grueling is since you’ve never actually experienced it

You would be wrong. I have experienced both worlds can you say the same? But don't listen to someone with experience, believe what you want.

Edited by ptatc

8 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Probably getting the start tomorrow with afternoon game. Weird to play the lefty against the lefty tonight and switch-hitter against righty tomorrow thought but probably doesn't matter much.

Also, I'd move Leury to 9th and then everyone else up a spot.

In the last 7 days, Leury has more hits than Collins-Vaughn-Mendick combined. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

In the last 7 days, Leury has more hits than Collins-Vaughn-Mendick combined. 

Damn, well there's that.

Edit: looking at their splits, hopefully Leury gets on a lot for Vaughn and his .308 average, .471 OBP against lefties.

Edited by manbearpuig

10 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I know you disagree , because you don’t even know what grueling is since you’ve never actually experienced it

Grueling means "extremely tiring and demanding.   It does not have to be just physical activity. It can also be mental activity as well. We have seen hospital staff experience it in all different levels of positions this year including clerical workers.  

Just now, SCCWS said:

Grueling means "extremely tiring and demanding.   It does not have to be just physical activity. It can also be mental activity as well. We have seen hospital staff experience it in all different levels of positions this year including clerical workers.  

Good way to explain it. It's a difficult concept to grasp.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Also for those of you have haven't heard. A fan tweeted to Goose Island that Yermin should have a beer named after him called the Rule 5 Draft and Goose Island thought it was such a good idea that they did it. The 7.3% ABV hazy IPA is not only a nod to Yermin’s jersey number, which is 73, it is a symbol of the power of social media . https://ontapsportsnet.com/2021/04/26/goose-island-to-release-yermin-mercedes-inspired-beer-upon-fan-request/

😋

31 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I personally think of you as a way better person than myself because you obviously have done way more grueling work than me, or anyone else here for that matter. Can you email me your name? Also a picture of you doing grueling work. I want to put you on my wall of fame. Maybe build a shrine in your honor.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Right. Traveling for work is grueling, but on a scale of gruel it would be about a three. As you mention hospital staff work would be an actual example of high level of gruel, not flying around with a sport team checking into hotels and applying tape for a few months

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I personally think of you as a way better person than myself because you obviously have done way more grueling work than me, or anyone else here for that matter. Can you email me your name? Also a picture of you doing grueling work. I want to put you on my wall of fame. Maybe build a shrine in your honor.

Wow. Cool

11 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Right. Traveling for work is grueling, but on a scale of gruel it would be about a three. As you mention hospital staff work would be an actual example of high level of gruel, not flying around with a sport team checking into hotels and applying tape for a few months

I would suggest a check-up. 

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

Dude you have never performed grueling work clearly. I don’t know why you are acting like you have. Getting in planes and checking into hotels could only be considered grueling by someone who hasn’t. Your example of hard work is applying tape

This is a a pretty lame thing to troll someone one.  You have no idea what life he has lived or the work he has done, yet you are going to speak authoritatively like you do?  Quit personally attacking the man.

Grandal getting lots of off days this year.  Collins against LHP usually no bueno.

Garcia keeps getting Lion’s share of PT.

Nearing a Mendick/Eaton platoon in RF.

Abreu and TA7 both 2/6 against Montgomery, Hamilton 0/3.  Not much to go on there.

Edited by caulfield12

26 minutes ago, Vulture said:

You're wrong. And again the taping thing was a JOKE. Don't know how many times I need to repeat it 

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

Nothing as grueling? Rrrriight. I bet your hands are softer than a baby’s bottom.

Gotta agree with Vulture here. Baseball was fun, even during 100 game summers as a midwest kid who was forced to pile all the games into a short window to get reps.

Doing physical labor everyday in the heat (like a roofer) or how about a mover is substantially harder. The work day for many people in this country is like 10 hours on your feet grinding away for nothing. Baseball players can go out and get hammered every night and you don't lift much during season for the most part. It might be 6-8 hours at a ball park but it's not all spent on your feet or anything of the likes. Calling it the most grueling thing seems a bit crazy. Working in an amazon factory (read Fulfillment) is substantially worse on the mind and the body for example.

Either way, silly argument all around which is why I loved chiming in with my pointless opinion!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Jeeze, sounds like this place really needs some on-field action to talk about. Two hours to first pitch, let's do it.

The weekend is here, and I'm going to gruelingly open a beer right now, smoke some good stuff, and relax with the wife out of town for the weekend! Wish me luck!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

god damn how is it only fucking 2:22.

If you lived here it would be 4:23....you make choices and you live with them. :D

But yes it feels like 3 days since they have played a game if that is your point.

Edited by wegner