And That's a White Sox Winner !!

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Lance Lynn has been fairly fantastic this season

He's an absolute beast....if things stay the same I don't see how you don't give him the ball for Game 1 of a playoff series.

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Big hit by Timmy to help make up for that huge error.  Hope that gets him going.  

When you're in a slump, go the opposite way.  Never gets old.  I'll even forgive him for making the last out of the inning at third base by trying to advance on the throw home.  Any Soxtalk poster could tell him you never make the last out at third base.  

While I'm ranting here. When Yermin singled on that high pitch with two strikes on him, he used his usual leg kick instead of his two-strike swing without it.  Just saying.

Never change Soxtalk. Get a win with dominant starting pitching and extend  him and he should be our game one starter in the playoffs talk starts. Plus Rodon would laugh at a Qualifying offer. It's almost as if the playoffs were in a week instead 4 months away. I feel like I missed the announcement that it's a 60 game season again.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Never change Soxtalk. Get a win with dominant starting pitching and extend  him and he should be our game one starter in the playoffs talk starts. Plus Rodon would laugh at a Qualifying offer. It's almost as if the playoffs were in a week instead 4 months away. I feel like I missed the announcement that it's a 60 game season again.

Of all the atrocious takes on this board, you take issue with someone opining that if he keeps doing what he's doing Lynn could very well be a game 1 starter?  With all the shit that gets thrown on this board, that was a very reasonable take, in my humble opinion.  But I get that we gotta b**** about everything.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Of all the atrocious takes on this board, you take issue with someone opining that if he keeps doing what he's doing Lynn could very well be a game 1 starter?  With all the shit that gets thrown on this board, that was a very reasonable take, in my humble opinion.  But I get that we gotta b**** about everything.

It was amusing that's it. I was commenting more on how the mood changes from loss to win and win to loss.  The season has a long way to go . As of now you can't count out Lynn, Giolito or Rodon as a game 1 starter. I just want there to be a game 1 for the Sox. I don't take anything for granted. There's been a bunch of bad luck or just "hey that's baseball" moments already so I doubt we are finished with them. For what it's worth I like the comments after the wins more than after losses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It was amusing that's it. I was commenting more on how the mood changes from loss to win and win to loss.  The season has a long way to go . As of now you can't count out Lynn, Giolito or Rodon as a game 1 starter. I just want there to be a game 1 for the Sox. I don't take anything for granted. There's been a bunch of bad luck or just "hey that's baseball" moments already so I doubt we are finished with them. For what it's worth I like the comments after the wins more than after losses.

Gotcha.  It's just always sadly funny to me just how much soxtalk leans negative.  Wayy more activity when they're losing.  Alotta posters prefer being right about how bad they think the players, etc. are than the team actually winning.  I don't get it.  For me at least, I prefer sports being a fun escape than something that brings my mood down.  As I've gotten older, I've gotten a lot better at just turning the TV off and forgetting about it when things go awry.  I enjoy being invested in the team, but at the same time, it's not life or death.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Gotcha.  It's just always sadly funny to me just how much soxtalk leans negative.  Wayy more activity when they're losing.  Alotta posters prefer being right about how bad they think the players, etc. are than the team actually winning.  I don't get it.  For me at least, I prefer sports being a fun escape than something that brings my mood down.  As I've gotten older, I've gotten a lot better at just turning the TV off and forgetting about it when things go awry.  I enjoy being invested in the team, but at the same time, it's not life or death.

That is placing sports into a proper perspective in life.  Some are not capable of doing that for whatever reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hey I thought the That's a Winner post game thread was where I was supposed to place my Positive Hot Takes?  My Bad. 

Edited by wegner

Vaughn's HR was a thing of beauty.  He is getting better and better as a hitter, and he'll be a mainstay in a powerful Sox lineup for years.

Lynn's performance was great, even though he struggled with command a bit here and there.  The guy is a work horse, and his fastball-heavy arsenal works well especially when he locates the sinker and cutter.

Kopech continues to impress.  He was pure filth last night and has been all season.  It's fun to watch him pitch.

Good overall team win last night.

• Like 1