5/26 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

6 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Dude, he’s scuffling. Most of the team is offensively. He’s still a rookie hitting .335, so it seems odd to single him out so much. I mean, everyone knows why, but just think about it a little bit. 

Lol because his stats have gone down every single week, isn’t hitting for power isn’t driving in runs and isn’t getting on base. You guys are defending him because Tony was mean to him. Not based of his performance 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t see enough offense for this team to be a top 5 team in the majors.  We’re going on two weeks now of offensive struggles galore

I figure we will get more out of Grandal, Vaughn, and Abreu.  Plus having Engel back will help (not massively offensively - but will help defensively and just help the bench). I also still think Leury will be better too.  In general - no one is having unsustainable offensive stats with exception of early season Yermin - but if Yermin doesn't hold up and others can't get back - you go get yourself another bat. 

But I also won't bet on Yermin stinking like he has recently either. Its a long season - the offense will be okay and I suspect the HR's will come and when that happens, with the OBP skills of this team and the teams ability to see pitches, etc...I like their chances.  

2 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Lol because his stats have gone down every single week, isn’t hitting for power isn’t driving in runs and isn’t getting on base. You guys are defending him because Tony was mean to him. Not based of his performance 

I just showed you they didn't, but don't let facts stop you.

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He hit .500 for a month lol.  Give it up.  He’s crashing hard back to earth.  You want a statue of him in right field?

As @Capn12 posted, his overall May stats are still pretty good.  Of course it was expected his stat line would drop significantly from his red hot start, but how about waiting another month or two to see where the rookie is going to level off before declaring him a failure.  Hits in April count as much as hits in May, and again his May hasn't been that bad.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

No update on Kopech from Tony. Don’t think that’s good at all.

I disagree. When Robert got hurt, he talked about how it wasn't that big of a deal and it wouldn't be an Eloy-level recovery, until the next day it was. I don't think it's a good thing but I also don't think it's worth reading into

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I disagree. When Robert got hurt, he talked about how it wasn't that big of a deal and it wouldn't be an Eloy-level recovery, until the next day it was. I don't think it's a good thing but I also don't think it's worth reading into

How would he not even know what body part hurts though?  Just seems odd to me.  Hopefully he just tweaked his knee and no ligament damage.  

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Did you expect them to go up? Be reasonable. He was lighting the league on fire, but nobody hits .500. The league appears to have adjusted, or maybe he’s in a funk. Whatever the reason, let’s hope he gets out of it. 

Anyways, this shit is so tired  same stupid things posted over and over  

2 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Did you expect them to go up? Be reasonable. He was lighting the league on fire, but nobody hits .500. The league appears to have adjusted, or maybe he’s in a funk. Whatever the reason, let’s hope he gets out of it. 

Anyways, this shit is so tired  same stupid things posted over and over  

I’m just saying I think people are holding onto hope but his stats are showing why he’s been in the minors so long. We all want him to succeed but he’s gotta hit for power that’s literally the only reason he’s on the team 

Why would people take Yermin's sample size from April and say his hot start was meaningless because of his sample size in May....which is the same "meaningless" size?

His overall stats are still great, and twice as big as either sample.

How about we wait for him to get to 1500 plate appearances like we did with Moncada and then decide if he's good enough?

I don't think he's a hall of famer but he's a hell of a lot better than 2011-12 Adam Dunn, 2019 Yonder Alonso, and 2018 Daniel Palka.

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1