Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

On 6/30/2021 at 5:13 PM, tray said:

Fans whining about ownership not spending enough money is pretty lame. I see Cub fans questioning Joe Ricketts about why he didn't sign Schwarber for 9 Million.

Ownership takes many things into consideration when signing players to big  contracts. They don't just keep spending and spending to satisfy the hunger of rabid fans.

Using the Cubs deciding to penny pinch with a +200M budget as rationale for why the Sox shouldn't spend is hilariously awful

• Fire 1

I think maybe Bailey Horn or even Adolfo might work as a centerpiece for Escobar but the secondary piece would probably have to be decent.

Maybe something like Horn + Sosa + Beard for Escobar + Soria is where the Sox would draw the line.  And I say that because I think Horn is a nice prospect and Sosa might be really climbing right now.  

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are you kidding me ? If 4 or 5 teams are after Escobar I'm pretty sure a few of them will come up with more than Forbes including the Sox.

A 3B/2B with an OPS over .800 at the notorious pitcher's park in Birmingham. He's got a good OBP right now. Escobar isn't that great. He's a half year rental.  He could very well regress to his career normals soon. If the Sox take on all his salary, I don't think he costs much more than Forbes. Maybe include a low level lottery type prospect. 

Edited by ron883