Eloy's Groin Injury Thread

South Side Hit Men

Just now, hankchifan said:

Shouldn’t the Sox review our strength and conditioning programs with emphasis on pre game stretching?  We have too many injuries as a whole.

Oh I think this one, the Engel ones definitely say something is amiss.

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

His physical conditioning actually looked good, he was moving around quite well on the broadcast so he was clearly in shape. I think much more he had to get some time on a baseball field to get into "baseball shape" to avoid exactly these type of injuries from baseball moves.

It’s to be expected honestly. Eloy has one speed for better or worse. Sox aren’t at fault here.

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

La Russa on Score now… sounds like Eloy won’t play until Tuesday at the earliest.

A whole week basically? Put him on the IL and give him 10 days, and call someone up so we have some depth. And send him to Charlotte for 2 or 3 more days to get in better baseball condition prior to calling up this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

A whole week basically? Put him on the IL and give him 10 days, and call someone up so we have some depth. And send him to Charlotte for 2 or 3 more days to get in better baseball condition prior to calling up this time.

Yeah I don't understand, would rather him sit on the IL and get right. A groin strain can linger

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Both Engel and Eloy have suffered other injuries almost immediately after returning from missing a lot of time. I hope they can stop this trend with Robert and Grandal.

I hope they can too, but there is nothing in our history/conditioning/approach to bringing these guys back to suggest a change in results. 

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Both Engel and Eloy have suffered other injuries almost immediately after returning from missing a lot of time. I hope they can stop this trend with Robert and Grandal.

Unfortunately minor muscle injuries are to be expected when someone returns from a long layoff to elite level sport, a minor league rehab stint can only bring a certain level of match fitness but playing in the MLB is a bigger test. That is why I was disappointed that an experienced catcher wasn't acquired on deadline day, as Grandal will be lucky to stay totally healthy, calf injuries are hard to clear up and as a catcher his calfs are under more stress than in some positions. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GradMc said:

That was never going to happen with this ownership group.

These are not affluent sportsmen operating the Sox.

And with this one you’ve triggered the Soxtalk Hall of Fame list. Congrats!

I just hope they don't rush him back. After the indians mostly sold at the deadline the Sox probably have the division title and while HFA would be nice it is more important to have a healthy roster in the playoffs. 

Better give them an extra week instead of having more of those re injuries. I hope they take their time with grandal too, the Sox can afford a 500 or even a 450 month but they need everyone at full strength and if they have to tank the next two weeks for it so be it. 

Edited by Dominikk85