IT'S LUIS ROBERT DAY!!!

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Ya, I couldn’t be happier with Sheets first impression but he’s the one that makes the most sense to be the move for Robert. 

Welcome back, Luis!

They need to clear a 40 man roster spot though so sheets doesn't solve that. May just want to jettison Lamb and get it over with.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They need to clear a 40 man roster spot though so sheets doesn't solve that. May just want to jettison Lamb and get it over with.

With Gonzalez being hurt for the year, he would probably go unclaimed so I think he would be a good dfa candidate. Or like someone else said, release him and re-sign him to a minor league deal like they did recently with Tyler Johnson.

50 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Would be a bad look to cut gonzo when he is hurt and Sox usually try and avoid those. I bet they cut Lamb and do him a solid so he can try and catch somewhere else down the stretch.

Huh? Teams do this all the time. I was just reading on MLBTR that an injured minor league player can't be placed on waivers and claimed so it's a pretty normal move to release and re-sign them to a minor league deal.

I think Lamb will be here the rest of the way. Hamilton comes back September 1 as one of the extra roster spots but Lamb does not make the playoff roster.

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Huh? Teams do this all the time. I was just reading on MLBTR that an injured minor league player can't be placed on waivers and claimed so it's a pretty normal move to release and re-sign them to a minor league deal.

I think Lamb will be here the rest of the way. Hamilton comes back September 1 as one of the extra roster spots but Lamb does not make the playoff roster.

I think Lamb stays until the minor league season is over and then Sheets replaces him.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Would be a bad look to cut gonzo when he is hurt and Sox usually try and avoid those. I bet they cut Lamb and do him a solid so he can try and catch somewhere else down the stretch.

They just did it like less than a month ago

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

That is basically the only purpose Jake Lamb fills. He better be there, over Leury.

They have played Jake Lamb 19 innings at 3B this year, and 11 innings at 1B, just a couple starts total and a couple blowout late inning mop up appearances. Leury played 3B when Yoan was out a month ago.

Jake is only being used as a PH or corner OF at this point. Leary is a better use of a roster spot, he just shouldn’t be starting at all in the OF at this point with everyone back. Leury is valuable as a reserve infielder, and should get starts to rest Yoan, Tim and Cesar.

I think Lamb stays because he is Tony’s friend, and Sheets has options. I’m hoping the friendship does not mean a Lamb playoff roster spot, which would be absurd. Hamilton is much more valuable as a PR and defensive replacement.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They have played Jake Lamb 19 innings at 3B this year, and 11 innings at 1B, just a couple starts total and a couple blowout late inning mop up appearances. Leury played 3B when Yoan was out a month ago.

Jake is only being used as a PH or corner OF at this point. Leary is a better use of a roster spot, he just shouldn’t be starting at all in the OF at this point with everyone back. Leury is valuable as a reserve infielder, and should get starts to rest Yoan, Tim and Cesar.

I think Lamb stays because he is Tony’s friend, and Sheets has options. I’m hoping the friendship does not mean a Lamb playoff roster spot, which would be absurd. Hamilton is much more valuable as a PR and defensive replacement.

It is funny that you can look at that a couple of ways...of course Billy is the superior pinch runner....but he is also a terrific public relations guy because Sox fans have grown to love his style of play and infectious attitude.  

• Like 1

so what does the regular lineup look like?  are they gonna use Eloy / Robert / Vaughn as the regular OF? or are they gonna use that setup 50% of the time and the other 50% put Eloy at DH with Engel/Goodwin in RF and Vaughn in LF? 

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

so what does the regular lineup look like?  are they gonna use Eloy / Robert / Vaughn as the regular OF? or are they gonna use that setup 50% of the time and the other 50% put Eloy at DH with Engel/Goodwin in RF and Vaughn in LF? 

Vaughn or Eloy in LF with the other DHing. Engel in RF against lefties, probably Goodwin against righties. 

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

It is funny that you can look at that a couple of ways...of course Billy is the superior pinch runner....but he is also a terrific public relations guy because Sox fans have grown to love his style of play and infectious attitude.  

Both indeed. He is my MFP, Most Favorite Player, on this years team.

If they carry 14 position player in the playoffs, he makes it. If 13, it’s between Hamilton and Goodwin, think Hamilton gets the nod because of his defense.

Don’t see Lamb, Sheets or Burger (or a third catcher) on a playoff roster if everyone is healthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Both indeed. He is my MFP, Most Favorite Player, on this years team.

If they carry 14 position player in the playoffs, he makes it. If 13, it’s between Hamilton and Goodwin, think Hamilton gets the nod because of his defense.

Don’t see Lamb, Sheets or Burger (or a third catcher) on a playoff roster if everyone is healthy.

You never have to play more than 3 days in a row in the playoffs so I see no need to keep 13 pitchers. Should be no problem having a 14th position player.

14 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

You never have to play more than 3 days in a row in the playoffs so I see no need to keep 13 pitchers. Should be no problem having a 14th position player.

That's not true. World Series and LCS is 2 games in one ballpark, day off, then 3 games in the other ballpark, then day off. 

9 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If LOOGYs were allowed, can see Tony with 13 pitchers.

Under the current 3 batter minimum, I agree they likely go with 12.

One of the reasons they dumped so much money and resources (Madrigal, Heuer for Kimbrel) into the bullpen, to make it as Tony-Proof as possible.