MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Damn it.

I actually like it. Mets overpayed  some considering Marte is 33 but he had his best season ,played well in both leagues and has tremendous instincts  on the bases.

I'm not sure it can translate to what Conforto's contract might be given the difference in age and power and career best year for SM and career worst for Conforto but I'll give it a shot. 3/$48M

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I actually like it. Mets overpayed  some considering Marte is 33 but he had his best season ,played well in both leagues and has tremendous instincts  on the bases.

I'm not sure it can translate to what Conforto's contract might be given the difference in age and power and career best year for SM and career worst for Conforto but I'll give it a shot. 3/$48M

Marte also getting paid as a CF helps a lot when there aren’t many available 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

McNeil has to be available now

He's literally got nowhere to play now if Cano comes back as the starting 2B. 

Nimmo will probably move to right. Marte in center, Canha in left. Escobar will play 3rd or 2nd. 

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I’m not concerned in missing Marte for that but have concerns it’s going to raise the outfield prices… this was before looking back to compare predicted prices.

Since its in line with predictions I’m not tripping anymore.

Good call re: Conforto. I think some predictions of a pillow deal may end up being what occurs.