2022 Offseason Plan Thread

Chicago White Sox

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If Vaughn is an "add on" in a deal, we had better be getting Ohtani or the like.

I don't get all the love for Vaughn.  He flat out disappeared last six weeks of 2021 season.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I don't get all the love for Vaughn.  He flat out disappeared last six weeks of 2021 season.

It's almost like he came into the league after basically not playing for an entire year and hit the wall at the end of the season.  Strange 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Going to guess he is referring to himself as a horse.

It would be kinda odd that he'd get a major surgery and there being no mention of it anywhere. That's why I thought it would have to be some kind of an accident. 

Just now, chw42 said:

It would be kinda odd that he'd get a major surgery and there being no mention of it anywhere. That's why I thought it would have to be some kind of an accident. 

He's a MLB pitcher on the MLB roster, so he had to have done this on his own.  Plus no baseball media around to ever know there is a problem.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not a shock at all he’s injured.  His mechanics are quite poor and seemed to have velocity issues last year.  Wasn’t the rumor for the last year the Sox wanted to trade him due to his injury risk?

Pretty insane the Sox almost turned him & Madrigal (plus other stuff) into Burnes and instead ended up with the ghost of Kimbrel past.  It’s very obvious Hahn was looking to sell high on these guys for a while.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, Two-Gun Pete said:

A. And more cogently, theres nothing "anti Andrew Vaughn" in stating that he hasn't yet fulfilled the entirety of his potential, yet.

B. Because he hasn't yet reached his potential, if he isn't the best option for the roster, yes he should finish his training in AAA.

C. (And this is important) I've never said I've wanted him to be a platoon DH. Don't believe me? Feel free to search my positing history. If I haven't posted such a thing, feel free to reverse yourself.

That aside, given the lack of a RFer, I'd rather not also open up a hole in LF until RF is solved first. But in no way do I endorse Vaughn or Sheets for OF at this point.

I got branded a Vaughn hater too only because when there is so much love for a prospect and my main concern was making the playoffs , I dared to speak out against his playing time early in the season stressing that he was too inexperienced offensively and defensibly and thought the left handed journeyman OF's should get AB's too. The backlash was pretty shocking to me. He was way out of his depth for the 1st few months. I just wish his development didn't coincide with the window of contention in such a right handed dominant lineup. He's going to have to earn his playing time this year. If he gets traded a lot of people around here are going to be pretty angry. I might be too depending on the return.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I got branded a Vaughn hater too only because when there is so much love for a prospect and my main concern was making the playoffs , I dared to speak out against his playing time early in the season stressing that he was too inexperienced offensively and defensibly and thought the left handed journeyman OF's should get AB's too. The backlash was pretty shocking to me. He was way out of his depth for the 1st few months. I just wish his development didn't coincide with the window of contention in such a right handed dominant lineup. He's going to have to earn his playing time this year. If he gets traded a lot of people around here are going to be pretty angry. I might be too depending on the return.

You were arguing for them to play Nick Williams lol

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If you don't like a player as much as someone else you're a "hater" and if you like a player more than someone else you're a "stan" whatever the fuck that means.  This place is really weird. 

There is a massive difference between being objectively lower than consensus on a player and having a bizarre hatred for a player.  I literally can only think of two examples of the latter on this site, which are tray with Vaughn and you with Madrigal.

And I love posts like this that rip an entire site by calling it “weird” and yet the same poster continues to post at said place day after day.  Condescension at its finest!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

This takes the burn off the Kimbrel trade quite a bit. While that didn't work out, the Cubs return looks pretty bleak if Madrigal doesn't start showing some power potential. 

Madrigal has the same problem. He has to show he can stay healthy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pretty insane the Sox almost turned him & Madrigal (plus other stuff) into Burnes and instead ended up with the ghost of Kimbrel past.  It’s very obvious Hahn was looking to sell high on these guys for a while.

Looks like neither team will win that trade. The Cubs will probably get the better end of it solely because they have Madrigal and Heuer under team control for a few more years, but both of those guys have significant injury concerns moving forward. 

• Like 1

So just to jinx to any hopes of a CBA being agreed to in the next 24 hours, below is a new offseason plan that pushes our payroll to the absolute limits of the new CBT.  While I'd rather not trade Andrew Vaughn, this plan assumes he's moved in a package for Ketel Marte with the Sox then rolling with a Sheets / Burger platoon at DH.

How happy / mad would you be with this offseason?  To me, this firmly places the Sox as the best team in baseball heading into Opening Day, but feel free to rip away if you disagree!

2022 Roster v5.PNG

• Like 1
  • Love 2