5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

Just now, Spumoni said:

Well considering that the response was that he had a .380 OBP last year on a freeswinging team I thought it was relevant.

If the Sox had a team full of guys like Moncada they'd score 5 runs a game

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

Well considering that the response was that he had a .380 OBP last year on a freeswinging team I thought it was relevant.

My friend we can manipulate stats anyway we want.......

What do you see when Yoan bats?

I know what I see

Edited by 2Deep

Moncada was fine last year. 

He has sucked so far this year. It's only 8 games, but I don't like what I'm seeing. This bad hitting is contagious, and now it's infected Moncada, Vaughn and Robert. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

My friend we can manipulate stats anyway we want.......

How do you manipulate a .380 OBP?  I thought we complain about how all these guys do is swing at junk and never get on base?  Your complaint is about Moncada last year, yet last year he was one of the few guys who did exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

He has sucked so far this year. It's only 8 games, but I don't like what I'm seeing. This bad hitting is contagious, and now it's infected Moncada, Vaughn and Robert. 

On pace for 40+ homers had he not missed one month lol.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Robert just came off an 14 game hit streak.  Vaughn and Moncada are barely a week back in.  

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Kudos for your optimism, but still advantage to the home team.

In the future, please insert a random semi-baseball related name or 3 in your responses. It really helps me pass the time in between ground balls and keeps my mind sharp!

How do you manipulate a .380 OBP?  I thought we complain about how all these guys do is swing at junk and never get on base?  Your complaint is about Moncada last year, yet last year he was one of the few guys who did exactly that.

I agree ......he took his walks.

But I'm more concerned about his Avg.  HR, RbI..........and what he does in clutch situations 

Just now, RibbieRubarb said:

and he'll have a career year next year on another team...

My only hope with him is that lots of really good players are struggling mightily still, so maybe he'll turn it around.

Look fellas I'm frustrated with the approach from these players and this team. If I watch another guy pound the ball into the ground I am going to throw my remote.

I get groundballs are a part of the game but not at the rate we hit them and on pitches we hit ground balls

• Capn12 unpinned this topic