AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I agree with Jack Parkman. Hopefully the FO has the guts to trade everyone by the trade deadline and not wait until the offseason.

Nice DH win.

Pitching, pitching, pitching.

Kopech currently on pace for 168 innings this season. Told you he wasn’t going to be limited to 110 innings or whatever was being discussed before the season started.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Kopech currently on pace for 168 innings this season. Told you he wasn’t going to be limited to 110 innings or whatever was being discussed before the season started.

He will not reach 168. I'll don't think he'll get more than 120 or whatever it was. 

They will keep Velasquez,  Cueto and Keuchal around to decrease his innings with phantom IL stints.

Could be wrong but I still don't think they'll push him that far after only 70 or so last year.

• Like 1

They may never be what they should offensively but they’re not going to be this bad forever. If this pitching stays healthy and Minnesota comes back to earth I’ll take a roll of the dice

Though my rationality may be impaired. That was the most fun win we’ve had in a while

Edited by Spumoni

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

AAA pitching is not major league.

Right. 

19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They’re definitely going to do some innings maintenance on Kopech. There is no way he throws more than 140-150 regular season innings. 

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Right. 

They’re definitely going to do some innings maintenance on Kopech. There is no way he throws more than 140-150 regular season innings. 

And probably less than that in the regular season as long as the Sox are in the playoff hunt. Would be a shame and incredibly stupid if Kopech ended up in the same position as Rodon unable to pitch effectively down the stretch or in the playoffs.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And probably less than that in the regular season as long as the Sox are in the playoff hunt. Would be a shame and incredibly stupid if Kopech ended up in the same position as Rodon unable to pitch effectively down the stretch or in the playoffs.

Agreed. Unless Cueto continues to look this good, they will need him in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Right. 

Many were arguing before the season that there was no way he’d exceed 110 or 120 innings in the regular season. I argued that he would. Are they going to shut him down in August/September with a playoff spot on the line?

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Many were arguing before the season that there was no way he’d exceed 110 or 120 innings in the regular season. I argued that he would. Are they going to shut him down in August/September with a playoff spot on the line?

I think it'll depend on where we're at in the standings. They might rest him a lot like they did with Rodon last year if we're somehow in a good position to win the division. If we're constantly chasing the Twins, they might keep him around for more starts. I think he'll end up with a similar amount of innings as Rodon last year. Maybe he gets around 25 starts. 

The pitching AND defense have been really good lately.  They seem a lot more focused in the field as opposed to a few weeks ago.  If.. (and big if) the offense can turn it around starting this week the Sox are going to start rolling over teams.  There is a lot of upside.

Edited by Green Line

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The pitching AND defense have been really good lately.  They seem a lot more focused in the field as opposed to a few weeks ago.  If.. (and big if) the offense can turn it around starting this week the Sox are going to start rolling over teams.  There is a lot of upside.

Does the manager get some credit for this?

31 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Hopefully,  they spread it out so they don't need to do that.