Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

17 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Wish he would just walk away for health reasons already

Nah. I’d prefer his ass get fired. The ball club needs a spark. A new voice. I feel like firing him could ignite something. Tonight felt different; like maybe it’s possible. It felt like a rock bottom moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Nah. I’d prefer his ass get fired. The ball club needs a spark. A new voice. I feel like firing him could ignite something. Tonight felt different; like maybe it’s possible. It felt like a rock bottom moment. 

I wish man. Unfortunately no one in the front office has the balls to do it or voice their frustrations to ownership over this. If they had a set they would have done it when JR wanted to hire him to begin with. Instead they just folded like a lawn chair and took it 

• TLR 1

Regarding his post-game press conferences: If I was in the FO, I'd be embarrassed. Here is a guy who publicly representing your organization and he can barely get his words out. And here is your post-game showing this stuff on every show. If not embarrassed, I'd be concerned. Is there something physically wrong? But the Sox just go on and on and pretend nothing is wrong. Yes, it's the fans. But this is what happens when you hire a friend. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Highland said:

Regarding his post-game press conferences: If I was in the FO, I'd be embarrassed. Here is a guy who publicly representing your organization and he can barely get his words out. And here is your post-game showing this stuff on every show. If not embarrassed, I'd be concerned. Is there something physically wrong? But the Sox just go on and on and pretend nothing is wrong. Yes, it's the fans. But this is what happens when you hire a friend. 

Ha sounds like someone else.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Highland said:

There is no difference between the way Tony speaks postgame and his DUI dash-cam videos.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

LOL. They'll be ready for the golf course in early October.

Do you know how much toughness it takes on the golf course?  TLR is prepping them for those times.  3D chess baby!

Just for grins, I did a little research.  Since becoming a fan of the WS in the mid-1950s, there have been 17 managers not counting the fill-in guys that finished up a season or something short-term.  Only 5 of those guys were "liked" by me.  I'm not referring to their win/loss records...just how well I "liked" their style of managing.  My current choice would be  to see Jirschele get a chance.