2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)
Another game where the opposing QB has almost as many TD passes as incompletions. The pass defense this year is the worst I've seen.

They had a couple of games where they looked really good but more often awful. Fuller, as a rookie, has had to defend the best WRs in the game. He'll get better.

It's just hard to believe they keep throwing Conte out there. He just has no instincts out there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 05:30 AM)
They had a couple of games where they looked really good but more often awful. Fuller, as a rookie, has had to defend the best WRs in the game. He'll get better.

It's just hard to believe they keep throwing Conte out there. He just has no instincts out there.

Random text from my bro-in-law from CA last night, "This Conte guy is terrible" Sums it up perfectly.

I get the Bears defense being bad, there isn't much talent on that side of the ball. I just don't understand how that offense isn't good, not saying they should be great. I think Bear fans over hyped them last year, but they should be ranked higher than 19th in the league in points per game. Should be closer to top 10.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 07:04 AM)
I get the Bears defense being bad, there isn't much talent on that side of the ball. I just don't understand how that offense isn't good, not saying they should be great. I think Bear fans over hyped them last year, but they should be ranked higher than 19th in the league in points per game. Should be closer to top 10.

I think part of it is linked to Jay's reputation in the City and his mental state. It seems like whenever Jay falls under some criticism, they dial the offense back to the short passes to protect his psyche. Otherwise, he tends to start just winging the ball all over the place, interceptions ensue, and it just sort of snowballs.

That is really my only explanation, other than Trestman just not having a clue how to make adjustments.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)

I can't tell if the offensive line is just much worse or we aren't scheming for it as much as we did last year.

OR, people know we are overcompensating for a bad oline by jumping every short route, and know we'll have to either throw it deep with happy feet in the backfield or LOL run the ball.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
I think part of it is linked to Jay's reputation in the City and his mental state. It seems like whenever Jay falls under some criticism, they dial the offense back to the short passes to protect his psyche. Otherwise, he tends to start just winging the ball all over the place, interceptions ensue, and it just sort of snowballs.

That is really my only explanation, other than Trestman just not having a clue how to make adjustments.

They don't dial it bacl from criticism. They dial it back when he throw stupid interception, which coincides with the criticism.

There are bad football teams every year but the Bears are not coached they are simply not coached at all.

Football is a good amount of game planning and coaching and you can tell the Bears have none of it.

This is not a talent issue it is a coaching issue.

Special Teams, Offense and Defense.

From Ted Phillips on down they should all go and even if they do, they will replaced by a new set of incapable cheap options.

Emery should have been fired after the Shea Mc pick, he got lucky with Long and really blew the coaching search worse thing I have seen since the Mike Smith / Alpo Blackhawk days.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)

There are many reasons. WR injuries early in the year. Penalties. The OL has been pretty bad. Cutler is a good QB but not a great QB that will rise above all else when everything else is bad. The play calling has been really bad as well. No speed threat. No semblance of a running game and no interest in having one. Too many turnovers. This is an extremely poorly coached team that lacks talent in many areas dating back to bad drafting. Many, many issues.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
There are bad football teams every year but the Bears are not coached they are simply not coached at all.

Football is a good amount of game planning and coaching and you can tell the Bears have none of it.

This is not a talent issue it is a coaching issue.

Special Teams, Offense and Defense.

From Ted Phillips on down they should all go and even if they do, they will replaced by a new set of incapable cheap options.

Emery should have been fired after the Shea Mc pick, he got lucky with Long and really blew the coaching search worse thing I have seen since the Mike Smith / Alpo Blackhawk days.

Emery's 1st draft was really bad. He only has Alshon Jeffery to show for it. That being said, Jeffery is a cornerstone player. The 2nd draft was better. Long is a stud. Bostic will be a starting caliber player at his natural WLB position as well. Greene looks like a bad pick but the Mills, Washington, and Wilson picks were all good with where they were taken. This past draft was his best so far. Fuller is another cornerstone player. Ferguson and Sutton should be defensive contributors for a long time. The book is still out on Brock Vereen and Charles Leno. Fales was a bad pick and I'd never ever draft a punter. They also snagged Christian Jones as an UDFA and he looks like he could develop into a nice player. Some bad picks, but Emery has also drafted 1 cornerstone player in each draft. His issues have been that 1st draft as a whole and hiring Marc Trestman. I agree with signing Cutler and Marshall so I'm not going to criticize those decisions now. I believe that Emery dumps the entire coaching staff and stays on board for the near future. He can't afford to go 1 more year with Trestman because if it's bad again, he's gone as well. Just my thoughts.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
Emery's 1st draft was really bad. He only has Alshon Jeffery to show for it. That being said, Jeffery is a cornerstone player. The 2nd draft was better. Long is a stud. Bostic will be a starting caliber player at his natural WLB position as well. Greene looks like a bad pick but the Mills, Washington, and Wilson picks were all good with where they were taken. This past draft was his best so far. Fuller is another cornerstone player. Ferguson and Sutton should be defensive contributors for a long time. The book is still out on Brock Vereen and Charles Leno. Fales was a bad pick and I'd never ever draft a punter. They also snagged Christian Jones as an UDFA and he looks like he could develop into a nice player. Some bad picks, but Emery has also drafted 1 cornerstone player in each draft. His issues have been that 1st draft as a whole and hiring Marc Trestman. I agree with signing Cutler and Marshall so I'm not going to criticize those decisions now. I believe that Emery dumps the entire coaching staff and stays on board for the near future. He can't afford to go 1 more year with Trestman because if it's bad again, he's gone as well. Just my thoughts.

If the bears are lacking in talent it falls on emery now, he has had three years to make progress on building the team and he has not.

From this draft they have one player contributing, Fuller, two if you count the punter who is no great shakes. The defensive linemen may turn out but it has not shown so.

Vareen and Carey have shown nothing, Leno allowed the PAT to be blocked yesterday and that is the first I have ever heard his name.

Bostic, Brown, Mills, Washington and Wilson have not done anything to show they are anything better than just guys. Bostic has some talent but he misreads every play.

Greene looks to have some talent.

One player from the 2012 draft, Jefferey is the only hope there. McClellain is still on the team because he was a first round pick.

Through three drafts he has Long and Jeffrey and hopefully Fuller who I hope is hurt because he has done little or nothing the last few weeks.

He may be able to blame the coaching staff for not developing players but he hired them. He also was a reach hire as well.