Jason Heyward to Cubs (8 yrs 184M)

GGajewski18

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Interestingly enough after reading our good old friend Bruce Levines Twitter about the Cubs money. He wrote this morning that we(White Sox) have ZERO dollars for trades and free agents.

Amusing because that's clearly not the case.

He said this in the Sox article "Chicago still has a sufficient amount of payroll dollars to add a free agent or another veteran through trade."

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
He said this in the Sox article "Chicago still has a sufficient amount of payroll dollars to add a free agent or another veteran through trade."

Apparently I need to stop sniffing glue in the morning

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
To be honest, after this move, I would think Theo is on the horn almost immediately with Hahn (amongst other GM's) trying to see if he can get one of our cost controlled front-line starters. Get the Cubs & Dodgers in a bidding war.

Even though I said Fernandez before, I think it's very likely to be Carrasco, Salazar or Ross.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
Well their depth was sad and their hitting was terrible. Heyward was the only power/reliable offensive player they had on the team entering the playoffs.

Thats because holiday and adams were out with injuries and molina was trying to play with a tirn ucl in his thumb.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
Wouldn't be that shocking if Cubs were going after Jose Fernandez this entire time. Soler/Baez/Contreras/Hendricks/Torres could easily get it done.

The Marlins want Urias, Seager, AND Pederson plus more for Fernandez. No way that package gets it done.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
Thats because holiday and adams were out with injuries and molina was trying to play with a tirn ucl in his thumb.

Holiday and Matt Adams(especially) were not having that great of years on offense anyway.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
2 hours ago:

"Man I really want the Sox to sign Heyward at all costs."

Now:

"Meh he's no good."

I literally have seen a few people flip flop that easy.

I am pretty sure most people wanted Zobrist at 3B and Heyward at RF dating back to the regular season, but the tone is definitely changed with all the cubs hate in here ;)

While Heyward doesn't hit for the power of a $200 million dollar man (yet), he also does not have any weakness in his game, and is considered plus several areas. With him entering his prime, it not hard to imagine him blasting 20 HR a year especially with the wind in Wrigley field.

Is $200 mil too much? Maybe slightly, but I am sure their fans or owner don't have a problem with that. The core of Rizzo, Bryant, Russell, and Schwarber will dirt cheap for at least 3 years, they definitely could afford a move like this to put them over the top.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
The White Sox are going to end up in Portland or Carolina in the next few years if they aren't careful. Watch.

We're doomed.

Good lord man give it a rest. Even if the Cubs do win it all I highly doubt we're going anywhere. The damage it would do to the White Sox is wildly overstated.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
The Cardinals pitchers also all got pretty lucky this year. The team is primed for big regression, it's between the Pirates/Cubs next year.

Wainwright/Martinez/Wacha/Garcia/maybe Chen is pretty damn good. Pirates desperately need another starting pitcher, as they really only have Cole/Liriano/Niese they can count on. Morton and Locke are garbage.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
The Cardinals pitchers also all got pretty lucky this year. The team is primed for big regression, it's between the Pirates/Cubs next year.

You mean having the number 1 starter missing most of the year due to a torn achilles tendon was lucky?