Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (BRIRO2017 @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
I should have just asked why all his posts say that word. I didn't have a clue lol

It's been a running joke on myself by myself for almost 15 years now. Soxtalk for me is something I take very lightly but also use as an outlet for our common passion.

Last year about this time I was pooping the place up too much. It tends to happen during he offseason lull - I begin losing my mind, as you can clearly see by now.

It's been a running joke on myself by myself for almost 15 years now. Soxtalk for me is something I take very lightly but also use as an outlet for our common passion.

Last year about this time I was pooping the place up too much. It tends to happen during he offseason lull - I begin losing my mind, as you can clearly see by now.

Hey I agree with you. This should be fun. But reading poop every post makes it hard to take you seriously lol.

Edited by BRIRO2017

QUOTE (BRIRO2017 @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Hey I agree with you. This should be fun. But reading poop every message makes it hard to take you seriously lol.

It is fun. The mods are grand. Soxtalk is better than any social media platform. Don't take me seriously. Kudos. ( The peanut butter variety. )

QUOTE (Saufley @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
Question about yesterday's rumors/talks about Sox/Pitt/NYY trade talks. Were there actual talks between the three teams regarding a trade? Seems another website flatly denies the three team talks and believes it was all fabricated. Just wondering? Thanks.

raBBit said a few pages back that he firmly believes the talks were had but doubts the deal goes down.

Do we really accept that as fact at this point though?

Worst case, couldn't you just complete the trade and then move McCutchen afterwards?

Secondly, isn't equally s***ty that the White Sox are unwilling to take on salary to complete the transaction?

Worst case, couldn't you just complete the trade and then move McCutchen afterwards?

Secondly, isn't equally s***ty that the White Sox are unwilling to take on salary to complete the transaction?

This. There is no reason the Pirates can't take on Quintanas salary and then move Mccutchen later. People assume way too much. We really have no idea what's holding it up, if anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)

If the White Sox take on McCutchen, they reduce greatly the prospect return.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Dec 24, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
I believe he meant the pirates make the deal and trade cutch afterwards.

Also, I agree with those questioning why wouldn't just eat some money to get a deal done and boost the return.

I would be willing to take on money if it means getting Meadows, but that is about it.

There is no reason the White Sox should take on money. If they had to get rid of him and the Pirates were the only option, then maybe, but not now. You wouldn't sell your house at a discount to the first person who looked at it because you want to fit it in their budget.

The White Sox leak about as little information as any team in baseball. Trade talk with Q would eventually become a huge distraction, if it carried on into the season. That could really effect his performance and value, so IMO, they must be of the belief something is going to happen pretty soon leaking this 3 team stuff.