White Sox have "set" Luis Robert market

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Heck of a lineup you got there!

C - Collins

1B - ?

2B - Moncada

SS - Anderson

3B - ?

LF - ?

CF - Robert

RF - ?

DH - ?

Starting 5 Possibilities: Rodon, Kopech, Lopez, Giolito, Fulmer, Hansen, Dunning, Stephens, Adams

Trades coming, drafts coming, free agents coming, yay.

Gotta love penciling in a 19 year old international free agent who is currently unsigned into our projected contention roster :)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:23 PM)

C - Collins

1B - ?

2B - Moncada

SS - Anderson

3B - Machado

LF - ?

CF - Robert

RF - ?

DH - ?

Starting 5 Possibilities: Rodon, Kopech, Lopez, Giolito, Fulmer, Hansen, Dunning, Stephens, Adams

Fixed

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
Fixed

I can see the Sox spending what it would take to get Robert

I absolutely cannot see the Sox being realistic players for Machado or Harper as they will be looking for a megadeal

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
I can see the Sox spending what it would take to get Robert

I absolutely cannot see the Sox being realistic players for Machado or Harper as they will be looking for a megadeal

I mean, I believe they will spend some money but I doubt it will all be on one player.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
I mean, I believe they will spend some money but I doubt it will all be on one player.

If things go near-perfectly, they should have an absurdly low payroll in 2019 + a great young core. Signing a 27 year old to a mega-deal or getting creative and doing a short-term/huge per year + opt outs wouldn't be that crazy I don't think.

All of that of course assumes the team doesn't have 6+ glaring holes that need filling like the last decade of "all in" attempts have been.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
Let's get Robert first.

Robert would be my #1 priority if I were in the front office right now, as well as extensive draft scouting

I'm feeling pretty good about our chances of getting him, as the Sox have not gone nuts in international spending like several other suitors

I would be willing to bet Robert was their target all along, we might not get him, but we will make him very expensive to sign for another team

$20-25 million likely gets it done

Edited by steveno89

Scott Merkin @scottmerkin

now

Major League source confirms to MLB.com that the White Sox will be going to watch Luis Robert this week.

Scott Merkin @scottmerkin

now

Both executive vice president Ken Williams and general manager Rick Hahn will be in attendance. Team did not confirm report

Edited by Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (turnin' two @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
Seen him play a bunch?

Not a lot outside of what's online but I do have common sense. And that says a 19 year old who already 205lbs, is probably not done filling out yet and he'll probably lose a step or two once his body finishes maturing. So while he might be able to play center field now, he's probably a right fielder in the bigs.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)

"It was hard to leave my family behind, but everything I do will be for them"

Honestly Can't imagine being someone his age and being put in a position like that. Money and fame aside that is hard for a kid to do. Hope he does well

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
Not a lot outside of what's online but I do have common sense. And that says a 19 year old who already 205lbs, is probably not done filling out yet and he'll probably lose a step or two once his body finishes maturing. So while he might be able to play center field now, he's probably a right fielder in the bigs.

Robert grades as a 70 in terms of speed, guy is jacked.

From his size, you'd guess he was the type of runner who can fly once he gets going, but his initial quickness out of the box might be an issue.

That said, would have to watch him play everyday in CF and running the basepaths in the Cuban League to get a true sense. Workout videos don't tell you much at all.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:55 PM)

C - Collins

1B - FA

2B - Moncada

SS - Anderson

3B - Delmonico

LF - Draft this Year (Beer?)

CF - Robert

RF - Trade (Q - Tucker?)

DH - FA/Trade (Q - AJ Reed?)

Gotta love penciling in a 19 year old international free agent who is currently unsigned into our projected contention roster :)

Get Tucker, AJ Reed, Martes, and 1 more for Q?

Delmonico is playing better than Moncada in AAA don't know how you don't have him penciled in.

Edited by soxforlife05