Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:31 PM)
I am still stunned at this trade! Once it became clear the "depth" packages weren't realistic, Hahn went out and got the best headliner possible. Great trade! I am not a big fan of Cease, but this move is all about Eloy.

What dont you like about Cease? His numbers look fantastic to me

Hahn on the Score said something to the effect of "We viewed Jimenez and Cease as comparable to Moncada and Kopech, just a year earlier". Essentially, this offseason, Jimenez and Cease would be talked about the way we all talked about Moncada and Kopech last year.

Love the analogy.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
I expect 4-7 more trades before the deadline and I think we wind up with 2 more top 100 prospects when its all said and done. Additionally I think Fulmer falls off the top 100 but Hansen takes his place.

4-7? I sure hope so, but that seems optimistic to me. The only "sure things" IMO are Robertson and Frazier. Probably Swarzak, too.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
4-7? I sure hope so, but that seems optimistic to me. The only "sure things" IMO are Robertson and Frazier. Probably Swarzak, too.

I would think Melky is gone as well as a pending FA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
In general, there are about half a dozen other teams out there who this will be a dividing moment for. They will be able to look back and think if we had only given up a little bit more, we could have had Quintana.

Not to mention having the potential story line developing of "Cubs turned everything around when they got Quintana from the White Sox." If that happens, it will be nice having that little White Sox Brand reminder peppered into the Cubs late-season coverage.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
Not to mention having the potential story line developing of "Cubs turned everything around when they got Quintana from the White Sox." If that happens, it will be nice having that little White Sox Brand reminder peppered into the Cubs late-season coverage.

That would be bad publicity for the Sox

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:41 PM)
We got their #1 (Jimenez) and #4 (Cease) prospects for a mediocre pitcher. Plus we got two throw in players. As a Sox fan I LOVE this trade!

We really gonna do the "actually q is bad" gloating?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
That would be bad publicity for the Sox

I don't know--I might disagree. There is no longer the "2 teams going in opposite directions" story. Now when "White Sox" comes up, everyone jumps right to the "they are a team on the rise--they've done some great things to put them in a position to be successful in coming years" story. The picture painted is much more colorful than 8 months ago.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:41 PM)
We got their #1 (Jimenez) and #4 (Cease) prospects for a mediocre pitcher. Plus we got two throw in players. As a Sox fan I LOVE this trade!

You sure you're a White Sox fan?

The "mediocre pitcher" ranks seventh among pitchers in Baseball Reference’s version of wins above replacement since the beginning of the 2013 season and is under contract for three more years for a touch over $30 million.

I love the deal, but give Q some credit.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
For a good laugh you guys should check out the Astros subreddit

"Good, I was really worried that we would overpay for mediocrity." 16 points an hour ago

"Smells like a Drayton move. This’ll bite CHI in the ass down the road, not to mention Quintana isn’t enough to boost the Cubs’ 2017 postseason aspirations." 6 points an hour ago

Some salty Astros fan in the r/baseball thread about the trade too. Buncha "good we didn't want him anyways!"

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
I don't know--I might disagree. There is no longer the "2 teams going in opposite directions" story. Now when "White Sox" comes up, everyone jumps right to the "they are a team on the rise--they've done some great things to put them in a position to be successful in coming years" story. The picture painted is much more colorful than 8 months ago.

Not if you watch the channel 7 sports. They are so full of the Cubs I can't stand watching that group of so called sports reporters.