Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

Gotta say I'm very impressed with Alonso after that interview. Very down to earth guy. Team oriented. Maybe feeling comfortable he has a good year. Honestly I wanna see what abreu can do with a good lineup. If healthy and a good lineup I think Abreu can be scary

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Gotta say I'm very impressed with Alonso after that interview. Very down to earth guy. Team oriented. Maybe feeling comfortable he has a good year. Honestly I wanna see what abreu can do with a good lineup. If healthy and a good lineup I think Abreu can be scary

He seems like an easy guy to root for as well. Seems fun and loveable. Have you seen his video from the Indians fan fest last year where he went undercover and was hitting bombs in the cages with a drawstring bag on? I feel like he would be a fun guy to have.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Unless we want to watch 10-15 more Dylan Covey starts, there aren’t many options to replace Giolito before next season, unless we’re now willing to push Cease hard in what will likely be a fairly meaningless season, competitively.

Giolito is going to get every opportunity this season to work things out. And he should. 

• Like 2

I did win a Sox Tim Sanderson bobblehead on the Sox podcast of Garfein. My question was answered on there by them and I won that lol. Never win much in life but I’ll take it lol. My question was about the national media shitting on the white sox as a destination. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

I did win a Sox Tim Sanderson bobblehead on the Sox podcast of Garfein. My question was answered on there by them and I won that lol. Never win much in life but I’ll take it lol. My question was about the national media shitting on the white sox as a destination. 

YOU MADE CHUCK CURSE.

You monster.

1 hour ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

Scott Sanderson?

6 hours ago, fathom said:

yes, and he also said something about how him and Abreu talked about the entire 40 man roster has to step up to get "things done" (in reference to the Sox having a good season), including anyone that's coming in with us.

Sounds like a great guy.

But what needs to happen is that either he or Abreu need to be traded.  it's ridiculous to have 2 vets covering 1B/DH in a rebuilding situation where young players need ABs.

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Sounds like a great guy.

But what needs to happen is that either he or Abreu need to be traded.  it's ridiculous to have 2 vets covering 1B/DH in a rebuilding situation where young players need ABs.

What young players are you referring to need at bat's? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Sounds like a great guy.

Nah. Just let them rake, that's  all that matters.

14 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Sounds like a great guy.

They’re trying to land Machado & Harper, they won’t be trading Abreu or Alonso at this point.

Just now, bschmaranz said:

That was my initial reaction too.  Outside of Palka, theres nobody that needs ABs, nobody we still need a look at.

I’m still not sold on Palka and at the end of the day I don’t think he will be around or if he is won’t be a factor when the time comes for us to be contenders 

https://nypost.com/2018/12/21/manny-machado-wont-make-free-agent-decision-until-new-year/

"Also Friday there was industry speculation the Phillies are also leery of a 10-year deal for $300 million for Machado, who has had each knee operated on once and needs to repair his image after being labeled as a dirty player and foolishly admitting hustling wasn’t part of his makeup during the postseason."

1 hour ago, aeichhor said:

https://nypost.com/2018/12/21/manny-machado-wont-make-free-agent-decision-until-new-year/

"Also Friday there was industry speculation the Phillies are also leery of a 10-year deal for $300 million for Machado, who has had each knee operated on once and needs to repair his image after being labeled as a dirty player and foolishly admitting hustling wasn’t part of his makeup during the postseason."

This would be fantastic news if true.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  If the Sox are prepared to spend, it really seems like we can land these guys.

A big if there, unfortunately I don’t believe any of these reports, I think just a week or so ago there was reports that the Sox weren’t prepared to spend as big as people were expecting. All of these tweets and reports, including that one on the White Sox is posturing. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% agree.  If the Sox are prepared to spend, it really seems like we can land these guys.

Plus each agent has to know that if we sign one we're probably out on the 2nd one. So they have to keep that in mind when there aren't a lot of high bidders.

I can imagine Hahn calling Boras and telling him hey just as a heads up we are going to sign Machado and right now you should consider us 90% out on Bryce.

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic