7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

The excitement on this pitching staff this offseason was so sky high. I was one of those guys for sure. But after the Kopech Opt-Out, Reylo's Disaster start (injury) and today, what do the Sox have to quickly turn around? Gio is obviously in the Rotation out of necessity, but realistically do they have any option other than Detwiler? Or do they just go with Cease every 5 and deal with another developmental season?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Not one freaking mound visit by Cooper the entire game

Did he have any in the other blowouts either? I seem to remember, back when he was in his prime, he'd be out there to calm down or adjust a pitcher quite often (and it would work usually too) and now I feel like I see him get off his ass once a week.

I remember last year when they called up Cease and many of us were saying to temper our expectations because it wasn't like he was dominating in the minors

maybe he and Lopez aren't really MLB ready quite yet

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Hopefully Cease will continues his development and learn something from this game. You can't only live at the top of the zone.

Yep they have to keep him in the rotation. Somehow they have to find some guys for the coming years they can rely on besides Dallas.