And that's a 16-4 White Sox winner!

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I love it. Fuck you Minnesota. 

Can’t stand these old cranks. Their logic really is amazing. “Ah I don’t like that. He’s getting the same pitch on 3-1, swing then. But come on, you shouldn’t swing 3-0.” 

Can you imagine actually believing that? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

What a bunch of BS. Fuck them. Here's a guy who is a catcher who can clearly throw the ball more than 47 mph. He's clearly trying to embarrass the hitter by making them look like a chump swinging at a pitch a little leaguer could throw. That is disrespectful. I wish they'd all hit home runs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Can’t stand these old cranks. Their logic really is amazing. “Ah I don’t like that. He’s getting the same pitch on 3-1, swing then. But come on, you shouldn’t swing 3-0.” 

Like someone said in the thread, what’s more of a mockery the fact that they have a position player throwing 40+ mph pitches up there or the guy going yard? Tough shit, play the game until the final out.

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, skooch said:

What a bunch of BS. Fuck them. Here's a guy who is a catcher who can clearly throw the ball more than 47 mph. He's clearly trying to embarrass the hitter by making them look like a chump swinging at a pitch a little leaguer could throw. That is disrespectful. I wish they'd all hit home runs.

That’s the other thing. The Sox are “disrespecting” the game by swinging 3-0, but the Twins aren’t by having a position player throw 47? Get the fuck out of here you toolbox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

Like someone said in the thread, what’s more of a mockery the fact that they have a position player throwing 40+ mph pitches up there or the guy going yard? Tough shit, play the game until the final out.

Bingo!

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Great win. I'm so sick of the unwritten rules. I watched the replay. Look I'm glad Yermin tattooed a homer on a 3-0 pitch up by so many runs off a position player. Don't put in a position player and have him lob it in there. If the Twins want to clear the benches and fight, go ahead. Somebody could get hurt in tomorrow's bench clearing brawl over this??? I hope the commish suspends players a long time if they fight tomorrow. It's silly. Don't lob it in there if you don't want it hit a mile. I'm sure they'll hit Timmy leading off the game tomorrow and/or hit Mercedes. Should be automatic ejection with warnings issued before the game. Stupid unwritten rules.

p.s. Baseball hitters only try to hit home runs now. It's HR or K. So Mercedes got the HR. We're going to fight over that? Should he have tried to strike out??

Edited by greg775
  • Fire 1

Was at the game tonight. A couple things:

1) Target Field is a wonderful ballpark. I highly recommend going. And people in Minneapolis are really friendly.

2) What a fun game. We picked the right one. I was a little peeved we didn't get to see Pito (we also didn't get to see him when we saw Friday night's game against KC due to the collision) but that disappointment was quickly erased when the Sox started piling on the runs.

3) Twins fans in the lf bleachers grew a love for Leury Garcia. When they put Mendick in LF and Leury in RF, they started chanting "We Want Garcia!" Mendick turned around at them and just threw his hands up. The LF fans cheered for Leury when he came to bat, then Leury singled and they cheered and started chanting "MVP. MVP." Leury pointed at them when he was standing at 1B and they cheered. It was hilarious.

4) This was my first time scoring a game at the ballpark. It was real fun up until about the 7th inning...all the subs and position changes made it confusing as shit lol.

5) There were PLENTY of White Sox fans at the park. Felt like home away from home, and made the blowout win all the sweeter.

6) Will definitely be coming back to Minneapolis some day. Again, just a great city! Huge thanks to @ChiSox59 for the suggestions!

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Remove gioLito from the banner and replace him with TLR.  Preferably a shot of him with his mask below his nose, half asleep for the haters.

I wanted to give this post fire trophy laughing love FYI.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yermin is also a career minor league player who is having a season that could set him up for life. Every hit/hr is important to him so I think its completely justifiable that he does as well as he can this year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was just thinking. The unwritten rules people woulda been happy (sarcasm) if instead of taking an uppercut and homering Yermin hit a shot right up the middle at the pitcher's head. He could kill the fake pitcher without a screen up. 

BTW what is the hitter supposed to do according to the unwritten rules? Take a walk? Isn't that bush league? Strike out on purpose? Bunt? I really don't know what the hitter is supposed to do up 15-4 with a catcher pitching. Does baseball really want hitters to merely smash singles off mop up position players? or strike out?

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I don’t get it - if he took it and it was a ball wouldn’t they be complaining why isn’t he swinging so the game could move on. Ridiculous anger over swinging 3-0. 

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I just wanna point out that Moncada's .399 OBP looks fuckin sexy right now.

I enjoyed the bitching about Grandal taking walks at his salary when he scored on a grand slam moments later.  Not making outs matters, in fact, it's quite important, go figure.

6 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Was at the game tonight. A couple things:

1) Target Field is a wonderful ballpark. I highly recommend going. And people in Minneapolis are really friendly.

2) What a fun game. We picked the right one. I was a little peeved we didn't get to see Pito (we also didn't get to see him when we saw Friday night's game against KC due to the collision) but that disappointment was quickly erased when the Sox started piling on the runs.

3) Twins fans in the lf bleachers grew a love for Leury Garcia. When they put Mendick in LF and Leury in RF, they started chanting "We Want Garcia!" Mendick turned around at them and just threw his hands up. The LF fans cheered for Leury when he came to bat, then Leury singled and they cheered and started chanting "MVP. MVP." Leury pointed at them when he was standing at 1B and they cheered. It was hilarious.

4) This was my first time scoring a game at the ballpark. It was real fun up until about the 7th inning...all the subs and position changes made it confusing as shit lol.

5) There were PLENTY of White Sox fans at the park. Felt like home away from home, and made the blowout win all the sweeter.

6) Will definitely be coming back to Minneapolis some day. Again, just a great city! Huge thanks to @ChiSox59 for the suggestions!

This is awesome

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

Stone insinuated that Moncada could have gotten back to the bag on Yerm's line out double lay to first last night. I was like wtf? It was literally caught with the glove on the base. 

Stone definitely holds a grudge against Moncada for some reason.  The way he said it, too - "Yoan deciding to run instead of letting the line drive go through."  Unless Yoan was standing on first base when the ball was hit (which no runner ever would be), there was absolutely nothing he could do.  Any base runner would have been doubled up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1