8/15/21- Yankees @ White Sox- GT

soxfan49

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

you're celebration of White Sox losses is always weird as shit.

No reason to be upset about stranding 100 runners and the bullpen giving up runs every single game lol.

Just trying to be a calming voice for the children.  Kids get scared when the wolf growls at the door.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I need a break from this team for a few days. 

This is a team that is coasting 

Weird take, they've clawed back and made for an exciting finish despite having some bad luck with RISP. They don't appear to be coasting to me, they're just not getting the big hit and the bullpen gets canned everyday.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Why is he swinging first pitch?

We don't understand the concept of good AB's and making guys work when we have a pitcher on the ropes

That will be our down fall in playoffs along with one of Kimbrel and Hendriks shitting the bed.

This team looks incapable of winning a playoff series 

• Thanks 1

It's human nature, they easily have the biggest lead of any of the division leaders, I think they've gotten complacent. The Yanks played with more urgency, they aren't guaranteed a playoff spot. I take solace in that the White Sox mostly outplayed the Yanks but came up short these last two games but clearly played better in the FOD game in Iowa in front of a national audience. Then again I could be completely wrong 😂

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

14-15 since the All Star break and the next 11 against >.500 teams…

Have lost two series each to the Twins and Royals, one to the Brewers and now this one to the Yankees since the break. Good thing they had three games against the Cubs.

Fans are assuming the the division is won. I wouldn't assume that just yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

yep, Madrigal's .425 slugging didnt count

He was 3rd amongst AL 2B in fWAR at the time of his injury. Until their recent hot streaks in August, Madrigal had a higher wRC+ than Tim Anderson and Abreu. He was a very productive player and people fixated on his flaws to a degree that will never make any sense to me.

edit - Tim and Madrigal both actually have a 115 wRC+ on the season. If you want to criticize his durability, that's fine, but his bat clearly played at an above average rate in the majors even if he doesn't develop further at all.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NWINFan said:

Fans are assuming the the division is won. I wouldn't assume that just yet.

Things can absolutely get a lot closer to where the 5 game series in Cleveland becomes important.  Hopefully Boston plays well against them in the two series they have.

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

We don't understand the concept of good AB's and making guys work when we have a pitcher on the ropes

That will be our down fall in playoffs along with one of Kimbrel and Hendriks shitting the bed.

This team looks incapable of winning a playoff series 

I totally agree with you.

How many times today could we have taken a lead or tied it up if bonehead decisions weren’t made?

- Failure to challenge play #1 at first

- Failure to challenge play #2 at first

- Error #1 by Cesar

- Error #2 by Cesar

- Error #3 by Cesar

- 18 LOB

- Foster pitching in the 9th

And they STILL made it a game. This gives me hope.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic