Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The only part of that post that wasn't sarcastic was the last line. I do think the fanbase should be allowed to vote to force ownership to sell. Then they'd have to be accountable to someone. 

They are only accountable to shareholders. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Whoever signed off on replacing Madrigal with utility players. I'll say that's ultimately Hahn's call.

If you listen to the people with supposed sources,  they all soured on Madrigal.  

Personally, I thought he was a useful player.

Just now, ptatc said:

If you listen to the people with supposed sources,  they all soured on Madrigal.  

Personally, I thought he was a useful player.

Madrigal was a top 10 2nd basemen (by fWAR) at the time of his injury. His bat clearly plays at the big league level and I think he was making strides before the injury. I don't want to have another Madrigal debate with anyone, really, but he was objectively a very productive player and clearly better than the utility guys they've brought in to replace him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Madrigal was a top 10 2nd basemen (by fWAR) at the time of his injury. His bat clearly plays at the big league level and I think he was making strides before the injury. I don't want to have another Madrigal debate with anyone, really, but he was objectively a very productive player and clearly better than the utility guys they've brought in to replace him.

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Before we anoint Nick...he played 6 games after May last year.  He had a major injury the year before. He had a major injury in his last year in college.  I loved his potential but is he not the positional equivalent of Rodon?  

4 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Before we anoint Nick...he played 6 games after May last year.  He had a major injury the year before. He had a major injury in his last year in college.  I loved his potential but is he not the positional equivalent of Rodon?  

i would certainly agree that health is a bigger question mark for him going forward than performance.