Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

I know it's early but back to the old question....if they don't trade Kimbrel, do they have him close?

“He’s going to pitch like we got him last year. Pitch late. And if we’re in a bunch of (close) games, he can close to protect Liam,” La Russa said.

This quote has me thinking not, but who knows. Given the fact La Russa seems to believe not closing was an issue for Kimbrel, it would be illogical not to give him a shot there.

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Wow a lot of activity while I was busy.

I hear you....my wife put on a movie I had never seen to celebrate St Pat's....The Commitments.  Movie break away from Soxtalk = miss a little, miss alot.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

“He’s going to pitch like we got him last year. Pitch late. And if we’re in a bunch of (close) games, he can close to protect Liam,” La Russa said.

This quote has me thinking not, but who knows. Given the fact La Russa seems to believe not closing was an issue for Kimbrel, it would be illogical not to give him a shot there.

The thought of him not being traded makes me a little ill to be honest.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

So I just got a text from a buddy of mine who is very connected (to MLB not necessarily Sox). Said Sox are on fire right now and close on a couple sizeable moves. 

I don’t think there’s any doubt Kimbrel is gone by Monday night.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

So I just got a text from a buddy of mine who is very connected (to MLB not necessarily Sox). Said Sox are on fire right now and close on a couple sizeable moves. 

Gonna need a GageBomb gif if you're our new Woj

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Hopefully two or all three of these: trading away Kimbrel, trading for Manaea, signing Schwarber/Conforto/Castellanos

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Don't make me regret believing you. 😅

I didn’t say anything was done - he just said they are reportedly close on a few things but wouldn’t tell me who (but he did say they are one of most active teams in MLB right now). 

Might be because it has to do with his club (if it did that would be great but last I heard his club and Sox didn’t align on asking price for one of Sox players). 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

you need to let me know who their talking about so i can trade for said player in my fantasy league before he becomes a white sock and the opposing fantasy managers know his stock will skyrocket because i seek all my white stockings