Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If he was so valuable, and seemingly treated so well by SFG, one of the best front offices in the game, then why no QO?   Throwing darts against the wall would lead to better outcomes with Kimbrel and Carlos.

I don’t understand your question.  Do you think paying him $18M this year is the same as paying him $3M last year?

Just now, Whisox05 said:

That is dirt cheap. 

Like literally Harrisons money. 

I know he has his flaws but for real if you aren't going to make a serious offer for any of the legit LH savages on the market, you should at least have a decent contingency plan.

They've got nothing new against RHP.

Not Miller, not Joc, not Rosario, not even Tony friggin Kemp.

They are up shit creek without a paddle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That is dirt cheap. 

Like literally Harrisons money. 

I know he has his flaws but for real if you aren't going to make a serious offer for any of the legit LH savages on the market, you should at least have a decent contingency plan.

They've got nothing new against RHP.

Not Miller, not Joc, not Rosario, not even Tony friggin Kemp.

They are up shit creek without a paddle.

Joc isn't an upgrade on what they already have, so it would have been another shit move. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pal said:

I really don't know. Heard Pederson was making a decision today and feared it was the Sox. I'd rather go with the current platoon than Joc personally. 

Did the Sox even make an offer to Conforto after refusing his ask of 4 years? Or did Hahn try to get creative with a short term offer?

3 minutes ago, KBX said:

6 mil for 0.6 fWAR. Harrison is 5.5 for 1.5. 

To be intellectually honest, Pederson is projected for ~1.8 fWAR this season.

IOW, even as a platoon RFer, he's worth $6MM, and probably more. 

Josh Harrison is projected to be worth 0.9 fWAR. He probably won't be worth his $5.5MM contract.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Joc got .5 million more than Hahn gave Harrison. You can't make this shit up

Yep this is 100000% indefensible. 

You either sign the savage or have some kind of at least half assed backup plan. 

Playing two 1Bs in RF isn't a backup plan.

It's trash

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I didn't want Joc, although I'd trust him more to hit righties than Sheets. I just thought it was hilarious Hahn gave Harrison only .5 million less.

I think Sheets and Joc can put up similar numbers.  It’s the defense in RF for Sheets that’s scary.

I somehow am not too upset because this is a total White Sox move and it’s pretty comical with what they are trying to accomplish in RF and every season they cry broke but yet spend a ridiculous amount per year on stop gaps that don’t work

• Like 1