Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well, at least Kelly might have been signed because of someone else.

We might as well have signed yet another former Cardinal and White Sox farmhand, Jose Martinez (son of Carlos)...it's actually quite shocking that Wainwright and Molina aren't with the Sox at this point.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll be honest, I really don’t think anyone has access to the Sox’s financial position.  And those few who do would quickly be outed by leaking this stuff on Twitter.  I remain optimistic that Michael Conforto will be a White Sox.

This guy is saying he's seen the White Sox books. He's so full of shit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I bet if the RF issue is still a problem after this season and he didn’t address it at the deadline, he’s gone. 

I agree as I have said in earlier threads this is hahns mess to clean up. Management gives a budget ( right or wrong) managers implement there staff or team. Your measured on results . Hahn is mismanaging. 

I swear I don't think I've seen any other team in major league have as many people that think they have insider information as this one. Everyone and their dog claims to have inside information on the White Sox. We have like 5 random food accounts and now a person claiming to have seen the White Sox financial records. What are they doing walking people through their offices and letting them read what's on the desks? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll be honest, I really don’t think anyone has access to the Sox’s financial position.  And those few who do would quickly be outed by leaking this stuff on Twitter.  I remain optimistic that Michael Conforto will be a White Sox.

Claiming to have seen the books and shouting down everyone wanting a big signing claiming they are out of cash doesn’t seem overly legit to me.  If he had a source I imagine they would tell him to chill claiming he has a very very reliable source. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

He claims to personally have seen that books.  Color me skeptical. 

That's almost as ridiculous as KW's big board...maybe someone stole Hahn's, or it was misplaced, because there's no logical reason to be caught with our pants down like this on Conforto and Kimbrel.  It almost makes one think we never even once had a discussion about the likes of Conforto or Bryant, already knowing the price was wrong.

Then we get this unwilling to go a fourth year crap...which means there really is no strategic plan for remaining competitive after 2024, when TA7 is also likely to be on his way out the door reading the tea leaves.

So 2 or possibly 3 years remaining in the window, but Detroit is going to have a huge say in how that unfolds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

I swear I don't think I've seen any other team in major league have as many people that think they have insider information as this one. Everyone and their dog claims to have inside information on the White Sox. We have like 5 random food accounts and now a person claiming to have seen the White Sox financial records. What are they doing walking people through their offices and letting them read what's on the desks? 

Histerical 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That's almost as ridiculous as KW's big board...maybe someone stole Hahn's, or it was misplaced, because there's no logical reason to be caught with our pants down like this on Conforto and Kimbrel.  It almost makes one think we never even once had a discussion about the likes of Conforto or Bryant, already knowing the price was wrong.

Then we get this unwilling to go a fourth year crap...which means there really is no strategic plan for remaining competitive after 2024, when TA7 is also likely to be on his way out the door reading the tea leaves.

So 2 or possibly 3 years remaining in the window, but Detroit is going to have a huge say in how that unfolds.

Don't forget about KC. They have a nice group of youngins. 

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

And who’s issue is that? Hahn.

Don't disagree.

But it's idiotic the way they've lavished resources on the bullpen, while not bothering to complete the OF, or to find more lineup balance, or to deepen SP depth.

Other teams that are in the SOX's payroll class have fewer obvious holes. It ain't "the budget." Its pure stupidity by this FO. 

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

EloyVsWall has spent all day telling anyone and everyone the Sox are out of money 

He has spent the entire day yelling at people.  Has anyone asked what he thinks of Bartolo Colon, because that is the last person I have seen speak with that kind of certainty about Sox finances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Don't forget about KC. They have a nice group of youngins. 

The story with them is always young pitching.  Perez is getting older, Witt Jr. looks to be a stud and Mondesi needs to bounce back.   Just unable to imagine them consistently running $160~175 million payrolls.

Just hope we don't have to face Hernandez seemingly 5-6 times like last year.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This guy running off talking about how he's seen the "books" and the sox don't make any profit at all and if they do put it all back into the team is what gave this guy away as a fraud to me. 

Hes seen the books and is spouting off on Twitter about it to everyone? Seems unlikely 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Don't disagree.

But it's idiotic the way they've lavished resources on the bullpen, while not bothering to complete the OF, or to find more lineup balance, or to deepen SP depth.

Other teams that are in the SOX's payroll class have fewer obvious holes. It ain't "the budget." Its pure stupidity by this FO. 

Yeah there’s really only two ways they can fix it this offseason.

Either trade Kimbrel or trade Keuchel and than use those resources towards a big free agent or a couple decent ones but I’m afraid Hahn will use it towards a couple reclamation projects or some utility players. 

Edited by maloney.adam

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You do realize Hahn has never said anything about Conforto nor has there been any real credible o formation about it. It's just this board and media saying g he would fit.  Maybe they never wanted him for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The story with them is always young pitching.  Perez is getting older, Witt Jr. looks to be a stud and Mondesi needs to bounce back.   Just unable to imagine them consistently running $160~175 million payrolls.

Just hope we don't have to face Hernandez seemingly 5-6 times like last year.

MJ Melendez looks pretty good

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This guy running off talking about how he's seen the "books" and the sox don't make any profit at all and if they do put it all back into the team is what gave this guy away as a fraud to me. 

Hes seen the books and is spouting off on Twitter about it to everyone? Seems unlikely 

Believe me, I hope they’re wrong. They’re two accounts I remember from last year and before the lockout that had some accurate information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1