Sox vs Sawx Game One-6:00 CT

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

You do not start DK tomorrow. We are under .500 and need to get hot ASAP. We had an off day so just skip him and replace him next week. 

I agree but he might get 1-2 more starts. If Vince Vivaldi can just hold up things will get better. At least he has a live arm.

16 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Not to be that guy but no pay sub required and Sundays game is free over the air. But I agree it's not good.

They both will require paid subscriptions later in the season. I think there should be a limit of one game per series that can be picked up by a streaming service.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But I jumped through all the hoops Manfred set up for me and figured out how to stream each of the games for myself!  That doesn't remotely address whether it's fair or good to force fans to jump through these hoops in the first place.  But it does show that I'm very smart, very tech savvy, and a very good boy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

But I jumped through all the hoops Manfred set up for me and figured out how to stream each of the games for myself!  That doesn't remotely address whether it's fair or good to force fans to jump through these hoops in the first place.  But it does show that I'm very smart, very tech savvy, and a very good boy.

Again, there is no professional American sport that makes it more difficult for people to view their favorite teams than Major League Baseball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Once again I am content that I saved $100 this year and bought the radio package rather than the tv package. Will be busy during sundays game but I get to listen to Len and DJ in the others and the dog gets an extra long hike through some park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

the red sox suck this year. anything less than 2 of 3 is a really, really bad look even with the injuries. 

Don't both Sox suck so far this year? Going 1-2 in Bahstawn wouldn't look especially bad, just not what we need.

3 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

Don't both Sox suck so far this year? Going 1-2 in Bahstawn wouldn't look especially bad, just not what we need.

Neither of them exactly planned on sucking in April. If the white Sox want to stop sucking then winning a series like this would be a positive step. 

1 hour ago, shago said:

Totally disagree, it's a total sh^t barn and absolute joke of a field, from the dimensions to the wall ... might as well have a clown's mouth target for a free steak and a windmill... The seats in most of the bleachers don't even face the field. Fans are mostly obnoxious drunk hockey fans. Place sucks, as do the Sawx.

Hating a team and hating their game experience are two different things. I have hated the Red Sox for 60 years. But I have been to about 20 different stadiums over the years. Obviously some have closed and been replaced. The outside and inside atmosphere of Boston is one of the best. I don't like cookie cutter, artificial grass or domes.  I love large enthusiastic crowds like Red Sox /Yankee games. Many great seats  and very close to the action . Great street scene outside w excellent local food.  Very safe area if you are walking or travelling to public transit.  As I previously posted, it is expensive to take a family. FWIW= Huge media following all year long.   

I have also been several times to the exact opposite,  Tampa Bay.  Terrible stadium in all aspects. Terrible crowds,  Very inexpensive but no atmosphere inside or out.    

But I will say that for many years the Sox have struggled against Boston  which is always seems to have a competitive team.  Relished the years when Johnny Buzhardt was a Red Sox killer.  

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Neither of them exactly planned on sucking in April. If the white Sox want to stop sucking then winning a series like this would be a positive step. 

Meanwhile, the Rays are six over again and the majority of baseball fans probably could only identify Wander Franco in their starting lineup.

Another game that most people wont be able to watch.  Why are they trying so hard to make the game less accessible to fans?  Dont tell me you cant have streaming AND tv at the same time.  I guess ill listen on the radio.  Shame on the MLB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Another game that most people wont be able to watch.  Why are they trying so hard to make the game less accessible to fans?  Dont tell me you cant have streaming AND tv at the same time.  I guess ill listen on the radio.  Shame on the MLB.

While I agree its a hassle - I won't be at home so will need to figure out apple tv on my phone - its free to download and watch on any smart TV.  Its really not that hard.  

2 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

If I don't have Apple TV (I have a Roku), and I have a Microsoft Surface, I can't watch on those platforms eh?

I have to watch on my iPhone?

No, Apple TV has an app on Roku that is very easy to use. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Still can't figure out if this is a bit or not.