GT: Yankees at White Sox, Game 1 - 7:10 CT

Quin

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Graveman has pitched one time in a week. This team spent all this money on relievers, had ruiz and foster pitch great, and are throwing Connor banks in relatively high leverage spots. It's comical honeslty. 

Graveman needs to be managed probably because he doesn't have a track record as a reliever. Kelly hasn't been a high leverage guy for a while.

How could all these bullpen guys be unavailable after a day off? The Sox realize they need to win games, right?

Hey maybe they realized we’re gonna need bullpen arms with Keuchel and Velasquez starting?

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This one?

Was there, treated my two younger brothers. Great game an memories. Front Row, Right Field, Lower Deck.

IMG-0144.jpg

Awesome

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

This has to rank in the all-time TLR (second Sox run) Top 3-5 for worst managing nights...anyone disagree?

Kelly walks freaking 4 of 5 hitters.

Doesn't bring Banks in (which it was a bit unfair to put him in that situation, Sousa's been there recently) for Rizzo.

Then has someone with a 90-92 mph BP fastball face two of the best hitters in the AL.

Yes. I don’t think this is even top 10. I don’t think anyone would have been ready to pull Kelly before Judge, and hell if Abreu stretches for the ball or looks at the base runners instead of the ump he might have kept this to a tie or 1 run game. All LaRussa did was turn this into a blowout for weird reasons and give them a chance to rest their bullpen in a stretch of a lot of games. It’s completely bizarre, it put Banks in an awful position, but not epically LaRussa.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. I don’t think this is even top 10.

Well, in terms of coming against one of the most high profile and attractive teams on our schedule...we're just continuing to breathe life into the storyline that all the Al Central can do is take their automatic bid and lose right away.

There hasn't been a single postseason series victory out of the Central since 2016...unless the Indians won one in 2017/18 and I blinked and missed it.

3 hours ago, Sarava said:

He should of pulled him here. But you're misplacing your anger. Joe Kelly is the one to blame here. Throw a damn strike dude.

If the guy doesn't have it, take him out. 4 walks? No sane manager would've kept him in after 2, especially an asshole pitcher who kept throwing offspeed shit not close to the zone

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I also don't understand why Kelly kept throwing curve balls when none of them were finding the strike zone, especially with Judge-Rizzo-Stanton looming. Doesn't make any sense.

Torres is a notorious FB hitter.  That’s one aspect of it.

17 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I also don't understand why Kelly kept throwing curve balls when none of them were finding the strike zone, especially with Judge-Rizzo-Stanton looming. Doesn't make any sense.

Kelly prob doesnt have much of a fastball, and when the ump called two borderline sinkers balls, Kelly was doomed.

Just now, Quin said:

My legal defense consists of I was negatively impacted by the inexplicable decisions of a Half of Fame person.

No no no you brought Rymer Liriano into this, this is what happens 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No no no you brought Rymer Liriano into this, this is what happens 

Should he use Ryan Goins next time?

Yeah he's Goins Goins Goins....I don't know if I'm happy, I don't know if I'm sad.

I don't know if I'll cry, I don't know if I'll die laughing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

If the guy doesn't have it, take him out. 4 walks? No sane manager would've kept him in after 2, especially an asshole pitcher who kept throwing offspeed shit not close to the zone

After one walk following two quick outs, no manager would have had anyone warming up. After 2 walks he got Banks up, but no one would have been ready to pitch to Judge on that schedule. The two runs aren’t on the manager, except for the fact that he signed Kelly.

The next 5, when things went off the rails, those are on him.

• Like 2

I still don't understand why Leury is fielding the Judge ground ball on the short stop side of the field.

There was 2 outs and bases loaded, just play normal defense and get the fucking out. That should have been a routine ground ball to Timmy, but for some reason he was over by third base.

image.png

Edited by T R U
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, T R U said:

I still don't understand why Leury is fielding the Judge ground ball on the short stop side of the field.

There was 2 outs and bases loaded, just play normal defense and get the fucking out. That should have been a routine ground ball to Timmy, but for some reason he was over by third base.

image.png

Bad shifting and fundamentals. They should be practicing these scenarios in Spring Training.

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

After one walk following two quick outs, no manager would have had anyone warming up. After 2 walks he got Banks up, but no one would have been ready to pitch to Judge on that schedule. The two runs aren’t on the manager, except for the fact that he signed Kelly.

The next 5, when things went off the rails, those are on him.

Agree with the timing. But judging the Kelly signing based on his first week back is pretty dumb. 

23 minutes ago, T R U said:

image.png

Honestly in real time, when the ball came off his bat I breathed a sigh of relief thinking it was an easy out and then I watched Leury field the ball and thought,,,,,WTF!!!

7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Agree with the timing. But judging the Kelly signing based on his first week back is pretty dumb. 

Most teams shift Judge with the 2B on the SS side of 2B. Leury wouldn't have had to run so hard to get that ball had he been positioned there. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Most teams shift Judge with the 2B on the SS side of 2B. Leury wouldn't have had to run so hard to get that ball had he been positioned there. 

2 outs bases loaded, that's just getting too cute to me. Any base gets you out of the inning, and we literally play defense in a way that a routine ground ball in the infield costs us two runs. Unbelievable.

22 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

No it's not. He wasn't ready to pitch the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season. They knew that going in. For a team that supposedly has budget problems all the time, they sure do spend a lot on shit. Shit everyone can see coming for miles.

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic