GT 6/12: TEX @ SOX, 1:10 PM CT, NBCSC

Abreu a major disappointment with yet another double play ball in a game winning situation.  Robert in the most stupid running play of the year.  Couldn’t super Joe screamed at him to not run.  TLR with another mismanaged game.  What else is new with our Keystone Cops team.  Now that Tony crazy moves have gone viral nationally, there will be more pressure to change, hopefully.  This is unacceptable.  TLR never adjusts.  It’s the same old crap over and over.

Edited by hankchifan

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

How about firing everyone from front office on down to the manager and training staff?  Everyone knows they suck besides Jerry

Pretty much this. New Scouting department as well if that wasn't included. 

6 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Still think TLR needs to be fired, but when your four best relievers are only available to pitch a combined 3 out of 31 innings in a weekend series, the manager is in a really tough spot.

Those relievers and/or the training staff need to bear some responsibility for not being in shape to pitch.

Correct. There is so much blame to spread around. The only thing that can change with 100% certainty, is firing people. They can start at the bottom, start at the top, I don't care but just stop the same bull shit every day. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Sad Burger and Vaughn are the only offensive threats.  Let's lock em up for 6 years each. 

Why is Robert even running to third.

Bad fundamentals again fall on coaching staff.

Man that team has some morons on it.

One will probably be in a Montas trade.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

One great thing about this series. It really can't get much worst, and if it does, it doesn't really matter. This is what I expected but got fooled by those first couple series. Third place finish. 

Third if they are lucky.  This is looking like a battle for fourth with Detroit. 

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Fire 1

I don't know what was worse from Abreu. His hitting into a double play or taking that third strike. It seemed like his head was not in the game.

Robert is a big disappointment. Since he isn't making it happen at the plate, he's trying to do it on the base paths. Maybe he has learned a lesson. I'm sure Tony will talk to him about it.

The last few days has been some of the ugliest baseball I have ever seen. 

15 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

The exact mistakes these players make are the exact mistakes that weren’t supposed to be an issue under La Russa. Either you let him go because he didn’t do his job, or make changes to the roster because you’ve got the wrong guys. 

Safe to say most of these guys have regressed badly under TLR.  Changing the players and not changing the drunken dinosaur in charge is akin to rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship. 

All has been said - team is RIP right now.

What needs to happen is both TLR and the hitting coach fired ASAP.

We all know that the organization needs a rehaul, but we aren't going to have Jerry/Hahn/KW gone.. their staying, so the best we can hope for is TLR/Hitting coach fired.

Please just do that for us.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

who was the last sox manager to be fired during a season? I honestly can’t recall, I mean Ozzie technically was, but that doesn’t really count.

Gene Lamont, 1995 258-210 .551 Winning Percentage (6th best in team history). 1993 AL Central, 1994 AL Leader until Jerry and his puppet Bud cancelled the season.

Gene Lamont was replaced by Terry Bevington. That sums up this organization in a nutshell.

21 minutes ago, Highland said:

I don't know what was worse from Abreu. His hitting into a double play or taking that third strike. It seemed like his head was not in the game.

Robert is a big disappointment. Since he isn't making it happen at the plate, he's trying to do it on the base paths. Maybe he has learned a lesson. I'm sure Tony will talk to him about it.

The last few days has been some of the ugliest baseball I have ever seen. 

I'd like to know who talks to La Russa when he screws up. Of course that would be a full time job.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the farm. The only negative right now is if Hahn does something stupid. 

That's quite a change of pace from you considering we are still ranked last organizationally with no Top 100 guys and a lousy draft position this year to boot.