6/17 G/T White Sox v Houston 7:10 Chgo Time lift off

Just now, Texsox said:

I'm cursed. I tried enjoying this as an Astros fan and couldn't. Maybe a NL team like the Cardinals. At least have a second team that doesn't suck. 

Come back over to the dark side, Mr Pujols.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

This just isn’t a WS contending roster.  The injuries and regression have made this a very average team.  Giolito’s downfall since the sticky ban is depressing, as he was a great story for a few years.

Glad people re finally getting on board with that. 

So how to move forward, other than firing the FO and Manager? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

This is just beyond awful 

It is a total embarrassment of an inning, all started with the dreaded lead off walk, and not having a quality reliever available and warmed up.  It is the home run derby combined with batting practice. and 10 runs  and 14 batters later…finally over….

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

It is a total embarrassment of an inning, all started with the dreaded lead off walk, and not having a quality reliever available and warmed up.  It is the home run derby combined with batting practice. and 10 runs  and 14 batters later…finally over….

Absolute laughing stock of the league considering where they were projected at the beginning of the season

• Like 1

Rick Hahn spent $20M more this season than Houston. Has the same roster holes, the same pathetic depth, same lack of any quality coming through the system. The Sox still do not have a starting Right Fielder, a starting Second Baseman and a starting Catcher.

Houston lost Correa, Greinke, Springer, McCullers, Osuna and had guys ready to plug and play or they go and sign the right free agents.

There is a Grand Canyon sized chasm between the Houston Astros and the Chicago White Sox.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm cursed. I tried enjoying this as an Astros fan and couldn't. Maybe a NL team like the Cardinals. At least have a second team that doesn't suck. 

I always pick another team to follow when the Sox are bad . well, i guess they are still bad, so i'll start looking.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick Hahn spent $20M more this season than Houston. Has the same roster holes, the same pathetic depth, same lack of any quality coming through the system. The Sox still doesn't have a starting Right Fielder, a starting Second Baseman and a starting Catcher.

Houston lost Correa, Greinke, Springer, McCullers, Osuna and had guys ready to plug and play or they go and sign the right free agents.

There is a Grand Canyon sized chasm between the Houston Astros and the Chicago White Sox.

Until the Sox start acting like a large market team, whether that be new ownership or something else, their ceiling is an ALDS appearance. 2021 is the best we can hope for.