Players not having fun playing for frowning Tony

jimmy boy

I watch Tony in the dugout he looks like he is uptight and mad at the world , and his players must be feel the same. I really think Joe Madden would set this team on a winning streak and make it fun to play they are both older managers but Joe is very good with younger players.

• Haha 2

Joe Madden?  The same  Joe Madden that couldn't win anything with Trout & Ohtani?  His pixie dust magic has long since worn off.

Fact is TLR is a crotchety old drunkard curmudgeon who still believes he is at the peak of his "abilities".   He really should be spending his twilight years by the pool with a mai tai instead of pretending his still has any acumen in the dugout.  I have to imagine he is absolutely miserable day in and day out, as is anyone who has to deal with him, but ego and delusion are a hell of a drug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday was the opportunity on four occasions to throw in the towel.

So not dead quite yet.  7 1/2 back would have been tough to overcome.

Plus the Guardians are really fading.  Only one game ahead of the Sox after being one game ahead of the Twins roughly ten days ago.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jimmy boy said:

I watch Tony in the dugout he looks like he is uptight and mad at the world , and his players must be feel the same. I really think Joe Madden would set this team on a winning streak and make it fun to play they are both older managers but Joe is very good with younger players.

Totally agree! This team was having way more fun in the dugout in 2020 under Renteria. Yes Renteria had major faults and needed to go, but at least the players played hard for him and they didn't feel this pressure that does now exist in that dugout. There is no doubt the drunkard and demented TLR casted a huge negative toxic culture on this team. You see with the players as they are not having fun and playing without any confidence. This is probably why the players are making so many mental mistakes on the field due to this toxic culture that TLR created for this team. 

I'm not sure Madden would be the answer, but I do know this...he would be a 100 times better than the POS TLR. 

If the Sox are at or over .500 at the ASB , there won;t be any major shake-up to the management staff or to the roster.

Sox have rediscovered the home run ball. That is going to win a lot of close games in the second half.

1 hour ago, jimmy boy said:

Welcome to Soxtalk.

22 minutes ago, tray said:

If the Sox are at or over .500 at the ASB , there won;t be any major shake-up to the management staff or to the roster.

Sox have rediscovered the home run ball. That is going to win a lot of close games in the second half.

It was one game, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Start hitting the ball in the air consistently and then we can talk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, tray said:

Coming off of 4 homers in 14 games, adding yesterday in makes 7 in 15.  Let's go more than one day before we act like Columbus here.

1 hour ago, tray said:

81uZord.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

Need more than one game to say we have rediscovered the long ball.

Home runs can be contagious as the 1977 WSox SS Hitmen  proved.  That was a wild season especially with the drunk Harry Carey announcing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tray said:

Unfortunately, no homers tonight in the loss to the Tigers.  At home, when we don’t hit any homers, we normally do not win.

• Like 1