8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie

KrankinSox

https://www.cleveland.com/guardians/2022/03/chris-antonetti-not-worried-about-sticks-stones-and-criticism-guardians-takeaways.html

But it’s rare to hear opposing players criticize another team because of its small payroll. That was the case recently as Joc Pederson of the Giants and Dallas Keuchel of the White Sox took shots at the Guardians and other MLB teams with low payrolls.

(Of course, months later, neither one of those guys is going to the playoffs with bigger market teams.)

Last year was the first time in nine straight seasons that Cleveland did not have a winning record. It finished 80-82.

Our objectives haven’t changed,” said Antonetti. “If I was going to ask you what our payroll was in 2016, no one cares. What they remembered is that we played in Game 7 of the World Series. Our goal is how do we find a way to win that last game?

“Each market has its own challenges. Our job and our responsibility is to find a way to overcome those challenges and win that last game.”

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like something is about to break loose as in another injury?  Is that what he means?  Sheets is bad on the road so whatever, but Grandal playing no matter what is comical.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Why is Grandal playing and not Sheets?

Maybe they been reading my info about how bad he sucks on the road . It's a huge difference but if he can hit so well at home how can he be so bad on the road. It's like a .500 OPS difference. What would come 1st, him getting worse at home or better on the road ? I think you just have to roll with Sheets on the road at this point at DH instead of Grandal.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe they been reading my info about how bad he sucks on the road . It's a huge difference but if he can hit so well at home how can he be so bad on the road. It's like a .500 OPS difference. What would come 1st, him getting worse at home or better on the road ? I think you just have to roll with Sheets on the road at this point at DH instead of Grandal.

Seems like their analytics department would actually improve if they did study this site. 😆

There's a fire Rick Hahn thread going, but this Luis Robert situation is right there on top of his piss poor management of the roster.  All season he's been having the team playing short with "day to day" injuries that have resulted in week long issues. 

Robert got burned and used in a much needed PR situation 2 nights ago, now he's going a week without taking an AB. 

Rick Hahn sucks at this job. 😡

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

There's a fire Rick Hahn thread going, but this Luis Robert situation is right there on top of his piss poor management of the roster.  All season he's been having the team playing short with "day to day" injuries that have resulted in week long issues. 

Robert got burned and used in a much needed PR situation 2 nights ago, now he's going a week without taking an AB. 

Rick Hahn sucks at this job. 😡

Maybe it’s me, but if a guy hurts his wrist, don’t start having him takes BP in a day or so.  Let it heal more.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Worrying about Sheets starting over Grandal is like worrying about a faucet left running on the Titanic.  Its not going to matter!

Hope he proves me wrong but they should have considered Sheets instead of Vaughn tonight.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hope he proves me wrong but they should have considered Sheets instead of Vaughn tonight.

Need to start counting the extra bases taken on balls hit into the outfield and stolen bases as well for every Guardians game.

Will be in the 4-7 range every time out.

19 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Worrying about Sheets starting over Grandal is like worrying about a faucet left running on the Titanic.  Its not going to matter!

Umm so know what will happen if Sheets starts over Grandal and if Grandal starts over Sheet  tonight ? Please tell me the final score in each game . 1 hit , 1 error can always make the difference in games especially when the Sox play so many low scoring games. Little things add up to victories. You analogy is weird.