Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think for a second the Sox would have signed him if they knew about this.  Tony and his friendship with Jerry is one thing.

Probably true, but I can't help but feel like someone messed up by not doing due diligence.  They really burned us with TLR and it's really hard to take their statements in good faith.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

I want to believe this.  I really do.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but inaction moving forward will look really bad.

Well there is about 12 million reasons why you're going to see inaction in the short term. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

So he's already guilty in your mind?

The statistics are overwhelming in that direction. 

False accusations are incredibly rare. 

Not to say they don't happen, but jumping to this conclusion you'd be right 98/100 times. 

I was that idiot with the Heimlich stuff from a few years back. I did the research, learned and became a better person because of it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't be the person who looks to make excuses for people like this, even accidentally.

It's not an excuse its fact.  I've seen people lie for various reasons and to their own personal ends. 

There are no police reports, her story doesn't jive with the reported timeline 

Hence you have to be rationale and wait for all the information to come out and official timelines etc.  

The probability is more than likely, but knee jerk reactions just leave you with your head up your ass eating s%*# if things come out to the contrary 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

It's not an excuse its fact.  I've seen people lie for various reasons and to their own personal ends. 

Hence you have to be rationale and wait for all the information to come out and official timelines etc.  

The probability is more than likely, but knee jerk reactions just leave you with your head up your ass eating s%*# if things come out to the contrary 

This. Why is it so egregious to give somebody their due process before saying he is guilty? Remember what happened to Patrick Kane?

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This. Why is it so egregious to give somebody their due process before saying he is guilty? Remember what happened to Patrick Kane?

Because what happened to Kane is rare af. 

Statistically in these cases it truly is guilty until proven innocent. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you do the research,98% of the time the allegations are true. 

Man don't reply to these guys. They have something else wrong with them. Nothing your saying to them is going to get through. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you do the research,98% of the time the allegations are true. 

I agree it is rare. Clev is probably guilty. That doesn't mean we should jump to conclusions though. A 2% chance is still a chance. 

From a baseball perspective, Sox have some serious work to do on the SP side.  We only had 6 realistic SP to begin with, and #6 wasn't someone you really wanted to rely on.

Going to need to find a new 5th SP, a couple other depth options in a hurry.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

This is exactly why victims are afraid to report.  THEY get put on trail instead of the actual criminals.  False reporting is such a small sliver of reports, and of those, people who are willing to report are also a small fraction of those who are abused.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

From a baseball perspective, Sox have some serious work to do on the SP side.  We only had 6 realistic SP to begin with, and #6 wasn't someone you really wanted to rely on.

Going to need to find a new 5th SP, a couple other depth options in a hurry.  

We were finishing in 3rd with or without him.  It’s just one more massive hole on a team with plenty of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly why victims are afraid to report.  THEY get put on trail instead of the actual criminals.  False reporting is such a small sliver of reports, and of those, people who are willing to report are also a small fraction of those who are abused.

Why even have due process then? Lock his ass up. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

We were finishing in 3rd with or without him.  It’s just one more massive hole on a team with plenty of them.

Ehhh.  I am not exactly a believer in a 78 win Twins team that hasn't really improved and could argue got worse 80% of the days they play, and I don't see the Guardians recreating their late season magic.  But I understand the skepticism on the Sox. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The statistics are overwhelming in that direction. 

False accusations are incredibly rare. 

Not to say they don't happen, but jumping to this conclusion you'd be right 98/100 times. 

I was that idiot with the Heimlich stuff from a few years back. I did the research, learned and became a better person because of it. 

To take this out to the next step, if you are willing to defend this as oh he COULD be innocent because of this small rate of false reporting, literally no one should be mad about what the Sox are doing, because they also have this small percentage chance of being right, even if you assign them a 95% chance of failure.  Seeing as no one is actually applying this same standard evenly for way less important things, I have zero interest in pretending that this is a real thing.

• Like 1