2023-24 NFL Season Thread

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

Urlacher made it special. Cover 2 can't work in the front 4 don't do their jobs. Tommie Harris, Tank, Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye, etc are the guys that are the key. Need layers obviously, but I agree with Jason here. I don't care if you have HOF's or not in your secondary, if a QB has 4-5 seconds to throw, corners don't have a chance. It all starts at the line

Depends if Justin Fields is the QB

25 minutes ago, Tony said:

Urlacher made it special. Cover 2 can't work in the front 4 don't do their jobs. Tommie Harris, Tank, Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye, etc are the guys that are the key. Need layers obviously, but I agree with Jason here. I don't care if you have HOF's or not in your secondary, if a QB has 4-5 seconds to throw, corners don't have a chance. It all starts at the line

Cover 2 is one of any number of defensive alignments in football and all the other ones require you to have the right players too (there are ZERO of them that work without a pass rush). I never understood that specific complaint about the Tampa 2, Bears fans just have some kind of collective trauma from the Lovie years where the defense had to always be perfect or they would lose games I guess. It's just right now, the Bears are using the worst possible combination. There are ways to try to help with a weak pass rush (man coverage, press, blitzing, etc) but they're just playing a lot of zone and giving the QB all day to eat it alive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

They are very good. They play hard for Dan Campbell man. As I've stated previously by far the most talented team in this division and they're showing it.

You don't beat the Chiefs by accident, even if they were without Chris Jones.Ā 

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

Cover 2 is one of any number of defensive alignments in football and all the other ones require you to have the right players too (there are ZERO of them that work without a pass rush). I never understood that specific complaint about the Tampa 2, Bears fans just have some kind of collective trauma from the Lovie years where the defense had to always be perfect or they would lose games I guess. It's just right now, the Bears are using the worst possible combination. There are ways to try to help with a weak pass rush (man coverage, press, blitzing, etc) but they're just playing a lot of zone and giving the QB all day to eat it alive.

When you play 3 rookies in the secondary, some due to injury and have no pass rush, they most have to play zone.Ā 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Steeling from Twitter, butā€¦Cowherd claims his ā€œsourcesā€ have informed him that Williams and his father have a handful of franchises that he has reservations about. He insinuates the Chicago Bears are one of them.

It took me reading this like five times before I realized you meant Caleb and not Alan.

• Like 1

Bad play call on 4th down even if I was 70/30 on going for it versus the field goal. Fields also shouldnā€™t have been in the shotgun for that play in my opinion.

After four games, Eberflus looks like a man without a job next year and Fields doesnā€™t look like the guy even though he played well.

Just now, The Beast said:

Bad play call on 4th down even if I was 70/30 on going for it versus the field goal. Fields also shouldnā€™t have been in the shotgun for that play in my opinion.

After four games, Eberflus looks like a man without a job next year and Fields doesnā€™t look like the guy even though he played well.

Denver figured something out after that 4th TD. Fields didn't get many open looks in the last few drives.Ā 

• Thanks 1