4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

Woof.

Well, wishful thinking these guys are mired in mediocrity all season and everyone finally gets fired at the end of the year and we finally get new leadership in here.

Still plenty of time, but I am not impressed with what I have seen outside of Cease so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That is a fair analysis of Kopech. I tend to think that he will figure it out and be a serviceable pitcher, but I don’t think he will be a star. I also think he could also belong in the pen, but they didn’t get another starter to allow him to be that. 

I’m optimistic Lynn also still has something in the tank, even if he’s fat and old.

I get those vibes too, but I still sense improvement coming that will change that narrative. There are signs that support a continuation of last year and a difference from then.

I'm with you, I was certainly over-reacting to Kopech's bad day, but I do agree he may be better suited for the pen long term which may help keep the velo up.  If he can start commanding the change up or learn a cutter or something to keep lefties off balance especially, he should be a very serviceable starter. 

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

Woof.

Well, wishful thinking these guys are mired in mediocrity all season and everyone finally gets fired at the end of the year and we finally get new leadership in here.

Still plenty of time, but I am not impressed with what I have seen outside of Cease so far.

Hopefully if season goes bad enough, Jerry decides to sell

People already bitching about "why was he still in there."

Relax the f*** up.  The starters are going to need to eat up innings , quickly.  Bullpen is running on fumes one week in because of the lack of SP innings.  

It's a marathon, not a sprint. 

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

He has

I got no issue with Lynn wearing it but Alberto hitting 5th is showing a Larussa faith in sub par players.  Alberto should hit 9th. 

Former KC guy

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Relax the f*** up.  The starters are going to need to eat up innings , quickly.  Bullpen is running on fumes one week in because of the lack of SP innings.  

Dude he was getting bitchslapped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It’s a marathon, so don’t have a guy who clearly had nothing today throw 100 pitches.  Also, the lack of a true long reliever in the bullpen is an issue.

• Thanks 2