Praise for the organization

Nokona

Yeah yeah yeah jerry sucks and hahn is an idiot we all know that.

The White Sox have produced Tatis, Semien, Rodon, and Tim.   Those are 4 players in the Top 30.  They have helped hone Cease, a Top 5 pitcher in the game.  There's Robert and Moncada who could break into that 5-some.

This organization has a lot of problems.  But they have made 5 of the best players in baseball.  Not only that, they are all entertaining players.  Not too many other clubs can say that.  

It's still great to be a Sox fan.  How about a little positivity around here for God's sake

• Haha 3
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, Nokona said:

The White Sox have produced Tatis, Semien, Rodon, and Tim.   Those are 4 players in the Top 30.  They have helped hone Cease, a Top 5 pitcher in the game.  There's Robert and Moncada who could break into that 5-some.

This organization has a lot of problems.  But they have made 5 of the best players in baseball.  Not only that, they are all entertaining players.  Not too many other clubs can say that.  

It's still great to be a Sox fan.  How about a little positivity around here for God's sake

I respect your opinion but to me it's about winning....and this organization since the start of the 2007 season has been among the worst in baseball at doing that.

I take no pride in seeing Tatis do well for San Diego or Rodon for the Giants or Semien now for the Rangers and how about what Tracy Thompson has been doing since the All-Star break with the Dodgers? 

To each his own and if that's how you enjoy the game more power to you. That's just not how I look at things, I want to root for a team that I have pride in and that's been in very short supply for a very long time. 

• Like 6

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

I respect your opinion but to me it's about winning....and this organization since the start of the 2007 season has been among the worst in baseball at doing that.

I take no pride in seeing Tatis do well for San Diego or Rodon for the Giants or Semien now for the Rangers and how about what Tracy Thompson has been doing since the All-Star break with the Dodgers? 

To each his own and if that's how you enjoy the game more power to you. That's just not how I look at things, I want to root for a team that I have pride in and that's been in very short supply for a very long time. 

Trayce.

The circumstances of how all those players got away are the embarrassing part.

Sure we can also take credit for TA7, Robert, Abreu, Sale, Q, Alexei Ramirez, too.  

But what is the winning percentage of this team since 2013?  That's the bottom line.  Results.

• Like 3

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Trayce.

Sure we can also take credit for TA7, Robert, Abreu, Sale, Q, Alexei Ramirez, too.  

But what is the winning percentage of this team since 2013?  That's the bottom line.  Results.

And let's not get into the lack of success from the majority of their first round draft picks since TA7.

(Rodon ofc had his one standout season, but he left with nothing to show for it.)

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Problem is, baseball is a team game. You can't win with a few of the best players (See Angels), you have to have a complete roster which Hahn and company haven't been able to do and continue to neglect 

You also can't win without a Latin American and now Pacific Rim pipeline or at least a negligible presence.

LHP Jesus Pena was their lone Dominican product for something like a decade.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Nokona said:

If your thesis is based on guys that blossomed elsewhere, you might not have a very sound argument.  None of this matters if your front office can't build a team around talented stars.  They deserve zero praise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Trayce.

Can't disagree with anything you wrote. I was going to post something like that after I thought a little about my original response. Great that they developed some of the players mentioned but then you also have to criticize about the fact they were traded for stiffs like Shields, Samardzija or given away for nothing.

Players succeeding on other teams does the Sox no good that's for sure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nokona said:

and theyre not gonna end up paying any of them. Funny how that happens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't forget the Dodgers traded Jordan Alvarez for Josh Fields (the pitcher). Every team has their fair share of L's on the trade front or through talent evaluation if you look hard enough. The Sox biggest problem is the inability to spend over those mistakes. It's been that way for 40 years.

2 hours ago, Nokona said:

You’ve got your bases covered.  The Sox get credit for the guys that got away and also they, not the Cubs or Red Sox, get credit for Cease and Moncada.

Do you play “heads I win tails you lose” very often?

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Can't disagree with anything you wrote. I was going to post something like that after I thought a little about my original response. Great that they developed some of the players mentioned but then you also have to criticize about the fact they were traded for stiffs like Shields, Samardzija or given away for nothing.

Players succeeding on other teams does the Sox no good that's for sure. 

Well the only argument there is those players succeeding shows they are undervalued/developed by the Sox.

But kinda the opposite of when all the Yankees and Dodgers prospects back in the day got so much press but almost never turned into anything.

But were invaluable trade commodities for finishing pieces.

Edited by caulfield12