4/15 GT - Orioles at Sox (1:10pm)

It's never easy with the Sox but you take the win, gratefully at this point.

Bullpen allowed two runs again but did have some good moments. Walks are making things more difficult for the pitching staff overall.

Jimenez not hitting, Burger is so is Grandal.

We'll see if they can actually win a series tomorrow.

2nd time this year the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They will never bench either of those two. 

Burger is the easier punching bag. 

We largely survived because Bautista couldn't go three consecutive days. 

Pedro wasn’t here when anyone was acquired and staffed. He’s got fresh eyes, and is probably more open to shakeups than people from the past would be. Especially if wins and losses aren’t responding 

Leave Sosa at second and pencil in Burger in the everyday lineup at third base. Continue with the outfield as is. Vaughn plays at first base with some alternating days to give some starts to Sheets who also gets a large share of DHs. Arrange a package trade of Moncada, Eloy, and TA for an attractive group of bullpen arms. Bring up Montgomery to play shortstop and Elvis is the all around utility infielder. Release or trade most of the bullpen except for Lopez and Graveman. Repeat the same batting order daily. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 2

5 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

How you figure? Sox have several players at higher salary

I have 0 issues with the contract overall, but given how tight JR is with the budget, I'm shocked they paid up for him when similar players such as Conforto and Gallo were available for significantly less $

3 minutes ago, coldwatersox said:

Leave Sosa at second and pencil in Burger in the everyday lineup at third base. Continue with the outfield as is. Vaughn plays at first base with some alternating days to give some starts to Sheets who also gets a large share of DHs. Arrange a package trade of Moncada, Eloy, and TA for an attractive group of bullpen arms. Bring up Montgomery to play shortstop and Elvis is the all around utility infielder. Release or trade most of the bullpen except for Lopez and Graveman. Repeat the same batting order daily. 

I think you’re at least  a year ahead of time. One thing Reinsdorf teams do is stay to course forever until the wheels figuratively fall off.

4 minutes ago, coldwatersox said:

I also play MLB: The Show

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Have to give Grandal credit for losing some weight and getting in great shape. At least he is showing that he cares.

Also you have to find a spot for Burger as long as he is hitting. If Jimenez doesn't hit there is no spot for him.

Three a speedy runner out from his knees, Mateo. 

Only second Balt out stealing. 

Also blocked a key pitch late that would have led to a run in all likelihood. 

14 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I think you’re at least  a year ahead of time. One thing Reinsdorf teams do is stay to course forever until the wheels figuratively fall off.

You're not going to trade three players like that for bullpen only arms. 

You have to find starters to replace the ones you're already likely or going to lose in Giolito Lynn and Clevinger. 

Then if they can pitch in the pen great. 

The only one I. would even consider extending on a team friendly deal would be Reynaldo if he holds up through the first half. 

Of course he would also be a prime trade candidate as well. 

Montgomery is likely a year away, and maybe May 2024 ideally. 

Edited by caulfield12

19 minutes ago, coldwatersox said:

Blink-182 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It's never easy with the Sox but you take the win, gratefully at this point.

Bullpen allowed two runs again but did have some good moments. Walks are making things more difficult for the pitching staff overall.

Jimenez not hitting, Burger is so is Grandal.

We'll see if they can actually win a series tomorrow.

2nd time this year the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won.

Robert is the one who has been so up and down on offense, but has come to play hard everyday on the defensive side this year, fortunately. 

Grandal is showing dedication and commitment .

Maybe some of the same dedication would help Jimenez and Robert stop chasing that low outside slider. 

10 walks. 2 with bases loaded, How long before Katz is on the hot seat. Grifol did not hire him.

And oh yeah, it was nice to win. don't stop now boys

1 hour ago, Pale Sox said:

Katz banged your girl. Admit it. 

You serious dude? That's not even a good joke. All I can say is f*** YOU YOU LITTLE b****. Don't even go there you should be Fucking banned you cock sucking piece of s%*#

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

6 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Grandal is showing dedication and commitment .

Maybe some of the same dedication would help Jimenez and Robert stop chasing that low outside slider. 

10 walks. 2 with bases loaded, How long before Katz is on the hot seat. Grifol did not hire him.

And oh yeah, it was nice to win. don't stop now boys

They do have the highest MLB average velocity across the pen... just can't control it lol. 

4 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

You serious dude? That's not even a good joke. All I can say is f*** YOU YOU LITTLE b****. Don't even go there you should be Fucking banned you cock sucking piece of s%*#

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They do have the highest MLB average velocity across the pen... just can't control it lol. 

Sox pitching has been top 3 in K/9 this season, which is great...but largely dampened by them also being top 3 in BB/9.

I don't think they'll stay quite this wild, especially the guys who haven't been historically, but they need to find some consistency sooner rather than later.

36 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Katz-bang. Confirmed. 

Edited by Pale Sox
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Huh. I always thought DiMaggio went to LSU, but I guess I was mistaken

DiMaggio recalled that he would do anything to get out of cleaning his father's boat, as the smell of dead fish nauseated him. Giuseppe called him "lazy" and "good-for-nothing". At age ten, he took up baseball, playing third base at the North Beach playground near his home. After attending Hancock Elementary and Francisco Middle School, DiMaggio dropped out of Galileo High School and worked odd jobs. [6]

Brother Vince convinced PCL manager to give his brother a shot... the rest is history.