Mike Clevinger questioned about walkout song before home debut

wrathofhahn

Mike Clevinger questioned about walkout song before home debut

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/white-sox-mike-clevinger-questioned-about-walkout-song-before-home-debut

Clevinger, who threw six scoreless innings of one-hit ball against the Baltimore Orioles, came out of the bullpen before the game to "Gold Digger" by Kanye West, according to the Chicago Tribune. 

"Are you a music producer? No? OK. Well, if you have a baseball question, I’m here for you," Clevinger said when asked about the song selection, per the publication.

Major League Baseball investigated domestic violence claims, announcing in March that Clevinger would not face any discipline.

"As part of his path forward, Mr. Clevinger has voluntarily agreed to submit to evaluations by the joint treatment boards under the collectively bargained policies, and to comply with any of the boards’ recommendations. MLB will continue to make support services available to Mr. Clevinger, his family, and other individuals involved in the investigation."

I honestly have no idea what Clevinger is trying to accomplish there. You would think he would want to put this as much in the past as possible for a possible Fa and so he wouldn't have to deal with the circus. Now? It's back front and center and being covered by the national media. This is a distraction neither himself or the team needs right now

Edited by wrathofhahn
  • Thanks 1

I would think a good organization would have some control over the selection of songs the players choose. I get it's the choice of the player, but it has to be within reason and in good taste. Are you telling me Clevinger could just pick this song or any song and nobody in the front office has knowledge or a clue it's going to be played? 

Just another example of a sh*t-hole organization run by loser front office executives. 

Furthermore, why in the world if Clevinger already was coming into this season with BS crap, would he even remotely consider doing something controversial. This guy has got to have the personality and intelligence of a delict moron.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Your life must have to be pretty damn boring to care about the walkout song of a pitcher. Players have walkout songs that literally have lyrics with topics ranging from human beings murdering other human beings and songs that have insanely graphic sexualized lyrics. (Players have come out to Lollipop which is specifically about getting a blowjob.) Buuuut omg, the humanity! Bad boy Clevinger not only chose a Kanye song…but, it also was a veiled shot at his actual real life gold digging ex who tried to ruin his life. We should release him today! 😂

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I would think a good organization would have some control over the selection of songs the players choose. I get it's the choice of the player, but it has to be within reason and in good taste. Are you telling me Clevinger could just pick this song or any song and nobody in the front office has knowledge or a clue it's going to be played? 

Just another example of a sh*t-hole organization run by loser front office executives. 

Furthermore, why in the world if Clevinger already was coming into this season with BS crap, would he even remotely consider doing something controversial. This guy has got to have the personality and intelligence of a delict moron.

So you’re saying, if I were that good, that I shouldn’t be able to come out to Prince’s “Sexy Motherfucker?”  😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox once fired their sound guy for playing Whitesnake songs when Chuck Finley was pitching for the Angels.  His wife at the time used to date or be married to their singer and she was in some of their videos.

RIP Tawny Kitaen