General Managet

loidwalden

Also, while Hahn should be launched into the sun for a great many things, not keeping Nick Madrigal around isn’t one of them.  Whatever number his empty batting average currently sits, Madrigal is NOT a good player.  From the viral videos circulating I can’t help but believe his self-aggrandising ass hasn’t taken any baseball lessons to heart and decided to actually work on his shortcomings.  Trading him for the corpse of Craig Kimbrel will always rank high amongst Hahn’s idiotic decisions as GM, but lamenting Madrigal the player is a futile waste of one’s energy. 

36 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Also, while Hahn should be launched into the sun for a great many things, not keeping Nick Madrigal around isn’t one of them.  Whatever number his empty batting average currently sits, Madrigal is NOT a good player.  From the viral videos circulating I can’t help but believe his self-aggrandising ass hasn’t taken any baseball lessons to heart and decided to actually work on his shortcomings.  Trading him for the corpse of Craig Kimbrel will always rank high amongst Hahn’s idiotic decisions as GM, but lamenting Madrigal the player is a futile waste of one’s energy. 

I agree with you that Madrigal was not some superstar or face of the franchise. But to trade him away along with a decent Cody Heuer for a washed up Kimbrel, who we no longer have on our roster, was clearly one of Hahn's dumbest trades. The fact is tell me anyone here including yourself, that would not want Madrigal right now playing 2nd for the Sox,  as opposed to living with Andrus and Sosa. 

To your point when Rick Hahn is launched some day, the Madrigal trade won't be the only reason, but it will be one of many reasons that loser Hahn will be fired. Ultimately when they do the pros and cons and add them all up on a balance sheet, the cons will totally out number the pros of Hahn's track record regarding his trades, free agent signings, draft picks, developing a farm system and most importantly, properly handling a rebuild.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

RE; Dunn.......Hahn kept him nearly 2 years beyond the expiration date [2013\14]. He  hit 219 those 2 years and went 5 for 72 against left handers.

Also  "Managet"  I what the elite French call a baseball manager.  I though everybody knew that

“Just keep going. That’s all,” said Grifol of his message to López. “He’s given us plenty of good innings in the eighth and ninth. Just keep going. Don’t get down on yourself. You have good stuff. You are good at what you do. Just keep going.”

“That’s the toughest part about being a reliever is putting a game like that behind you and getting ready for the next game,” White Sox starter Michael Kopech said. “Ultimately, he’s a professional, and I know he’ll be able to do that. But it will probably feel like a long night for him.”

López topped out at 99.1 mph on his four-seam fastball, according to Statcast, and his 99.1 mph average velocity was down 0.7 mph. Overall, López’s stuff felt good, but it was a case of bad location as he explained after the blown save.

“Yes, bad location,” López said. “I couldn’t hit the spot today.”

“He left two pitches up and they did what they are supposed to do with it,” Grifol said. “But give him the ball tomorrow again. He’s done it for us this year, and he’s gone multiple innings and plus-ones. So, I’m not losing confidence or any faith in López.”

mlb.com

On 4/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, Tnetennba said:

who drafted madrigal, I forgot 

3 hours ago, loidwalden said:

RE; Dunn.......Hahn kept him nearly 2 years beyond the expiration date [2013\14]. He  hit 219 those 2 years and went 5 for 72 against left handers.

Also  "Managet"  I what the elite French call a baseball manager.  I though everybody knew that

Maybe RH can pull a job as GM of the Montreal Canadians, he's good at ruining franchises 

9 hours ago, loidwalden said:

Edwin Encarnacion is the lone $7M + external FA signed by the White Sox who survived through the end of their contact. Time will tell if any of the six current players (Benintendi, Clevinger, Grandal, Graveman, Hendriks or Kelly) becomes the second.

External White Sox Free Agent Signings > $7M/season

$AAV (Season(s)) Player (Average Annual White Sox bWAR earned through 2022)

16 Players - Five Relief Pitchers; Three Designated Hitters & Left Fielders; Two Catchers & Starting Pitchers; One Right Fielder.

Average $166.3M salary & 10.1 bWAR for the combined 14 players signed prior to 2023

1. $18.5M (RH 2020-2022) SP Dallas Keuchel (0.4) (5/30/22 - Released)
  2. $18.3M (RH 2020-2023) Yasmani Grandal (1.1) - (TBD)
  3. $15.0M (RH 2023-2027) LF Andrew Benintendi (-) - (TBD)
  4. $14.0M (KW 2011-2014) DH Adam Dunn (-0.1) - (8/31/14 - Traded to Oakland)
  5. $14.0M (RH 2015-2017) LF Melky Cabrera (1.6) - (7/30/17 - Traded to Kansas City)
  6. $13.5M (RH 2021-2024) RP Liam Hendriks (2.2) - (TBD - $15M Due in 2024 or paid through 2033 if Club Declines Option)
  7. $12.5M (RH 2015-2016) DH Adam LaRoche (-0.7) - (3/18/16 - Voluntarily retired from White Sox Toxicity)
  8. $12.0M (RH 2020) DH Edwin Encarnacion (-0.3)  - (10/30/20 - Granted Free Agency)
  9. $12.0M (RH 2023) SP Mike Clevinger (-) - (TBD - Becomes a $10M AAV deal over two years if both agree to 2024 Mutual Option)
  10. $11.5M (RH 2015-2018) RP David Robertson (1.0) - (7/19/17 - Traded to New York Yankees)
  11. $11.0M (RS 1997-2001) LF Albert Belle (4.3) - (10/27/98 - Granted Free Agency)
  12. $9.00M (RH 2019-2020 RP Kevin Herrera (-0.3) - (8/2/20 - Released)
  13. $8.50M (RH 2022-2023) RP Joe Kelly (-0.2) - (TBD)
  14. $8.00M (RH 2021) RF Adam Eaton (0.0) - (7/13/21 - Released)
  15. $8.00M (RH 2022-2024) RP Kendall Graveman (1.0) - (TBD)
  16. $7.50M (RH 2018-2019) C Welington Castillo (0.1) - (10/31/19 - Traded to Texas)
Edited by South Side Hit Men