4/28 - Tampa Bay Rays @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 PM CDT, Reinsdorf TV and Berto Radio Network

Tampa Bay Rays Lineup:

1. 1B Y. Diaz (R)
  2. SS W. Franco (S)
  3. LF R. Arozarena (R)
  4. 2B B. Lowe (L)
  5. DH H. Ramirez (R)
  6. 3B I. Parades (R)
  7. C C. Bethancourt (R)
  8. RF M. Margot (R)
  9. CF J. Siri (R)

SP  Zach Eflin (RHP) 3-0 2.81 ERA

See if I can get a win which has eluded my game threads since 2021.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

• South Side Hit Men changed the title to 4/28 - Tampa Bay Rays @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 PM CDT, Reinsdorf TV and Berto Radio Network
36 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Was this posted anywhere? Steve Stone apologized for the salad remark. You know, regular White Sox things.

Go pack a fucking lunch Stoney and don't you dare put a salad....or any damn vegetables in it!!!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the White Sox turned it around and won one of the three remaining games here against Tampa Bay.

I think BetRivers would be surprised too if the Sox win tonight. LOL! The odds are worse than yesterday for the Sox to win tonight at (+143) for a Sox win. It's (-165) for Tampa Bay to win. 

Luis Robert has had 1 day off out of 27 games this April. He got a little time to sit yesterday because of the blowout, but this is a pace to play 156 games this year. Thankfully, he has no history of serious injuries where you'd worry about keeping him healthy with extra rest.

Elvis Andrus has started every game for the White Sox.

Andrew Vaughn was off in the 2nd game of the season and has played every day since. 2 of those days were at DH.

Today will be Jake Burger's 14th straight game at 3b since an off day. Thankfully again, no record of serious injury there.

• Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Luis Robert has had 1 day off out of 27 games this April. He got a little time to sit yesterday because of the blowout, but this is a pace to play 156 games this year. Thankfully, he has no history of serious injuries where you'd worry about keeping him healthy with extra rest.

Andrew Vaughn was off in the 2nd game of the season and has played every day since. 2 of those days were at DH.

Today will be Jake Burger's 14th straight game at 3b since an off day. Thankfully again, no record of serious injury there.

I gotta say letting the starters play is pretty low on my list of complaints.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I gotta say letting the starters play is pretty low on my list of complaints.

This is one of my long-running buttons with some managers (Ozzie was awful about this). They take guys and run them into the ground, and then we complain at the end of the year how run-down someone is or how they got hurt so much. Especially in April when the weather is iffy, with guys who have serious injuries in their history, and when there's a backup OF on the roster who isn't hitting much worse than Robert, give him some extra days off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Was this posted anywhere? Steve Stone apologized for the salad remark. You know, regular White Sox things.

But the thing is Steve was probably right in his comment. Lynn really looks heavy.

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If I remember right Robert was on fire. Grifol sat him down and he's sucked ever since hitting-wise. Maybe coincidence...maybe not.

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This is one of my long-running buttons with some managers (Ozzie was awful about this). They take guys and run them into the ground, and then we complain at the end of the year how run-down someone is or how they got hurt so much. Especially in April when the weather is iffy, with guys who have serious injuries in their history, and when there's a backup OF on the roster who isn't hitting much worse than Robert, give him some extra days off. 

He's 25 years old. He SHOULD be playing every day unless he's hurt.

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I completely disagree with this. 

Of course you do, you have a lot of strident contrarian opinions. Healthy 25 year old on pace to play 156 games, something that's been done literally tens of thousands of times in MLB and you're all "nah, he needs more rest".

• Like 3