5/14- Astros at Sox, 1:10

flavum

Turned on to see the last 2 outs...I see they still stink. Was offered tix to this one....glad I turned it down. I'm sure Giolito ended any life that was in the crowd with that putrid 1st inning.

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Watching this awful team, I've enjoyed picking up other things from the telecast.  For example, what a douche the scout seat security guy is to the highest paying customers in the stadium.  

What was he doing?

Not surprised because Jerry and his minions are absolute pond scum. Every single officer including Brooks Boyer and Stadium operations Terry Savarise need to be shitcanned yesteryear.

Between the AWOL security staffing with brawls going on for minutes with zero response, to the 45-60 minutes plus just to enter an under 20,000 attended stadium with the lack of gate personnel, to another 15-20+ minute line to enter because the piece of s%*# Reinsdorf conducts the only 100 level / main concourse second ticket inspections across The MLB, again in part because the severely understaffed crew so Jerry can screw over minimum wage workers the state is heavily subsidizing.

This all is intentional, Jerry wants to f*** over the handful of fans still going out to watch his rancid product lead by the dictionary picture of crony incompetence, Rick Hahn.

Really sad that 18,347 bought tickets, I hope attendance drops into the four figure level as the team sinks further into the abyss.

• Fire 1

I went to the game. Currently fairly damp in an uber.

If Tim truly said “I hate this place” as an attempt to be courteous to Jose Abreu, after declining an opportunity to take 2nd base and being met with appropriate boos, then I’m at my low point as a Sox fan.

Everyone in a White Sox uniform should be proud to be a part of the 20k+ members of the MLB fraternity (everyone that has ever played in the majors would fit in the lower bowl of many stadiums). Yet very few do. It disappoints me every time I watch.

• Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

If Tim truly said “I hate this place” as an attempt to be courteous to Jose Abreu, after declining an opportunity to take 2nd base and being met with appropriate boos, then I’m at my low point as a Sox fan.

Everyone in a White Sox uniform should be proud to be a part of the 20k+ members of the MLB fraternity (everyone that has ever played in the majors would fit in the lower bowl of many stadiums). Yet very few do. It disappoints me every time I watch.

Welcome to SoxTalk

• Hawk 1

If Tim did say such thing he should be gone, ASAP. Not sure what got into him or what went to his head but he seems cockier than ever. And Tim if you don't yo be booed than put up or shut up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The worst thing about losing this season is that it provides fodder for some angry people that hate this team and want to drive a stake into the hearts of true Sox fans. You just have to find a way to ignore them and stay positive. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tray said:

The worst thing about losing this season is that it provides fodder for some angry people that hate this team and want to drive a stake into the hearts of true Sox fans. You just have to find a way to ignore them and stay positive. 

Huh

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

What's it like at the ballpark this year? Good food? Reasonable prices?

3 hours ago, JoshPR said:

If Tim did say such thing he should be gone, ASAP. Not sure what got into him or what went to his head but he seems cockier than ever. And Tim if you don't yo be booed than put up or shut up

Trading out of pique is how the Padres ended up dumping Shields on the Sox, lol.

In all seriousness, just like making stock market decisions as an investor, 95% of the time dumping stocks (or players) from a place of emotion instead of pure rationality will always come back to bite.

If the White Sox were dumb enough to pin all the blame on the rebuild failing on Anderson, it would just be cutting off the nose to spite the face, and make the next rebuild go on into infinity.

1 hour ago, tray said:

"True" Sox fans (what is that definition again?) are also realistic.  14-28. That's factual not an interpretation. Since the start of 2007 only five winning seasons, that's factual. Since Rick Hahn has been the GM, two winning seasons in 10 completed years...that's factual.

"Unquestioned" loyalty to anything... a political bent, a religion, a sports team, a government in my opinion is a very dangerous thing.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Trading out of pique is how the Padres ended up dumping Shields on the Sox, lol.

In all seriousness, just like making stock market decisions as an investor, 95% of the time dumping stocks (or players) from a place of emotion instead of pure rationality will always come back to bite.

If the White Sox were dumb enough to pin all the blame on the rebuild failing on Anderson, it would just be cutting off the nose to spite the face, and make the next rebuild go on into infinity.

Unless new ownership arrives or significant changes are made to the folks in the baseball side of the operation the next rebuild WILL go on in to infinity.

1 hour ago, tray said:

If you can find something to be positive about, more power to you. People hate this team because they are bad, real bad, and we were promised parades and money spent and etc.

I’m still watching these games because I am a white sox fan. I can still hate this team and be a fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What was he doing?

Not surprised because Jerry and his minions are absolute pond scum. Every single officer including Brooks Boyer and Stadium operations Terry Savarise need to be shitcanned yesteryear.

Between the AWOL security staffing with brawls going on for minutes with zero response, to the 45-60 minutes plus just to enter an under 20,000 attended stadium with the lack of gate personnel, to another 15-20+ minute line to enter because the piece of s%*# Reinsdorf conducts the only 100 level / main concourse second ticket inspections across The MLB, again in part because the severely understaffed crew so Jerry can screw over minimum wage workers the state is heavily subsidizing.

This all is intentional, Jerry wants to f*** over the handful of fans still going out to watch his rancid product lead by the dictionary picture of crony incompetence, Rick Hahn.

Really sad that 18,347 bought tickets, I hope attendance drops into the four figure level as the team sinks further into the abyss.

I hope somebody from the team reads this. It's possible.

12 hours ago, tray said:

Personally, the worst thing is how this team has actually played and pitched but that’s just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Oh boy, the Sox stink. We lose again, 4-3. Poorly constructed ballclub with a rookie manager. Puke.

The Celtics beat the Sixers with Doc Rivers the last two games with a "really" rookie manager this season. Managers do have some input but the organization and the players are the real key.