GT 6/10: MIA @ SOX, 1:10 pm CT, NBCSC, MLBN

The DH in NY threw off the usual bullpen calculus that had been working so well, and Kopech not going deep in this one didn't help.

The staff can't be perfect forever, regardless. Gotta score some runs.

Sox actually with a higher xBA today and a decent amount of solid contact, but not enough that fell for hits.

Win tomorrow.

Just now, hankchifan said:

It’s hard to win 1-0.  Every reliever has to be perfect.

Very true. Offense has been brutal. They simply aren't going to keep winning games 2-1, 3-0, 4-3 like they have been recently.

This isn't the 1967 White Sox and as good as they were doing that came up short in the end. 

12 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

His time is past. Move on

I did not really like Pedro going out of his way on the postgame yesterday saying how tough the plays at the plate were that TA didn't make. Stop coddling him.

• Like 3

8th time this year the Sox led in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

3rd time out of those eight games they lost the lead in the 9th inning.

Kelly has been directly responsible for three of those eight blown games that were lost.

• Like 3

I can almost forgive Kelly giving a leadoff, seeing eye single.  I can almost forgive Kelly giving a single to the all-world Arraez. I cannot forgive Kelly for walking Soler when he had him 1 and 2.  WTF is he doing looking at the base runner at second while in the middle of his delivery home.  He did it on Balls 2 and 3.  If he strikes out Solero, the game is still winable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kelly sucked but you can't expect your bullpen to have a 0.00 RRA. Scoring 1 run isn't going to get you many wins. I have the feeling today was the start of a freefall back to where they have spent most of the season.  They came real close to reeling me back in.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Kelly sucked but you can't expect your bullpen to have a 0.00 RRA. Scoring 1 run isn't going to get you many wins. I have the feeling today was the start of a freefall back to where they have spent most of the season.  They came real close to reeling me back in.

The Division they are in gives me confidence 

Their offense does not

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They win tomorrow and things will be better with another series win but they have to start hitting the ball.

1 hour ago, Tomtom said:

Burger can be really good with some plate discipline.  In fact, several Sox players can be better.

I agree and that is why Burger needs to bat higher in the lineup for protection so he sees better and more pitches. This is obviously way over Pedro's' managerial IQ!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

I can almost forgive Kelly giving a leadoff, seeing eye single.  I can almost forgive Kelly giving a single to the all-world Arraez. I cannot forgive Kelly for walking Soler when he had him 1 and 2.  WTF is he doing looking at the base runner at second while in the middle of his delivery home.  He did it on Balls 2 and 3.  If he strikes out Solero, the game is still winable.

Kelly does not have the mental toughness to be counted on in closing 9th innings during "big boys" crunch time!

Leave him for leads in the 7th inning.

• Quin locked this topic
  • Capn12 unpinned this topic