Remillard promoted; Moncada hurt?

soxfan49

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You keep giving me these hypotheticals on Moncada getting hot and going injury free in 2024. Playing your game, on the flip side, what about if we put him at 2nd and they make him work hard at being a good second baseman. Then back to your hypothetical, maybe Moncada gets hot in 2024 going injury free and now can play a solid 2nd base. I think his value would be even stronger, since its hard to find a second baseman who can hit. 

As far as Eloy at DH versus OF, the only reason he might have had worse numbers at DH is because Eloy was sulking like a big baby and whining that he needed to play OF, which of course is not what a team player does. As a result of Eloy's immature whinning, he mentally got himself in the wrong mindset at the plate. However if the Sox actually had some leaders on this team or a veteran manager like a Bochy, that would have sat Eloy down and convinced him what was best for the team, instead of the pansy Grifol who obviously couldn't accomplish that team goal and need. Also take away that horrible first OF stupid injury and the fact is, Eloy has been injured playing the OF on other occasions. 

As DVS of the Sun-Times wrote just a few days ago, this was the 16th time since Eloy came up that he has missed time with injuries.

At least four of those injuries that I recall, took place with him trying to play the outfield and landed him on the IL with ankle or leg issues.  

• Like 1

DVS of the Sun-Times confirms Moncada back to the IL list.

I wonder how this will impact Sox decisions in the future regarding their players participating in the WBC.

Grifol said earlier this year his back was screwed up by the long, round the world flights from Arizona to Taiwan, Taiwan to Miami and Miami back to Arizona.

Another one bites the dust.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

He's looked stiff as hell the last few weeks, I'll give him a shred of credit for trying to gut it out but this is probably for the best with the record and the way Jake is swinging it.  Just hope he doesn't need surgery, he looked like he was swinging pretty free and easy in the Houston series to start the season, hadn't seen him look that limber/strong in a long time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

DVS of the Sun-Times confirms Moncada back to the IL list.

I wonder how this will impact Sox decisions in the future regarding their players participating in the WBC.

Grifol said earlier this year his back was screwed up by the long, round the world flights from Arizona to Taiwan, Taiwan to Miami and Miami back to Arizona.

Another one bites the dust.

If his back went out just from flying, it was a ticking time bomb and would likely have gotten screwed up by now regardless.

2 minutes ago, ChiSoxTrojan said:

It sure seems like they are timing Moncada's IL stint with the return of Eloy.

Big push for the post season

Which for these guys will be golf, vacations, spending time with their primary and secondary families . . .

• Like 1

Yoan is not a critical part to of the line-up. Our line-up sucks without Robert, Vaughn, Burger and Eloy.  We need those four operating on all cylinders to compete.

Romy is fine at second unless and until the Sox pick someone up at the trade deadline. Andrus has just not lived up to expectations from last season.

Have to get rid of Frazier and probably give Colas another shot....I don't know....tough call there.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, tray said:

Yoan is not a critical part to of the line-up. Our line-up sucks without Robert, Vaughn, Burger and Eloy.  We need those four operating on all cylinders to compete.

Yoan and Anderson were the two position players that have put up one or two legitimate All Star 4-5+ fWAR seasons. Robert is the one White Sox with the potential to join them. Burger has contributed well in the DH role, if he can play 3B acceptably, he has a chance to peak beyond his age 27 season. Vaughn is still young and can improve, but average 1B seems to be his peak value a few years from now. Eloy hurt his thumb as a fetus sucking too hard on it. He stayed in the womb an extra 2 1/2 months, has been injured perennially since.

Career fWAR age 12/31/23 (Highest fWAR season)

• 19.0 Tim Anderson 30 (4.6 2021)
  • 13.8 Yoan Moncada 28 (5.5 2019)
  •   9.1 Luis Robert 26 (3.4 2021 - 2.5 YTD 2023)
  •   5.3 Eloy Jimenez 27 (1.7 2022)
  •   1.7 Jake Burger 27 (1.2 YTD 2023)
  •  -0.5 Andrew Vaughn 25 (0.3 YTD 2023)

1 hour ago, tray said:

Romy is fine at second unless and until the Sox pick someone up at the trade deadline. Andrus has just not lived up to expectations from last season.

Have to get rid of Frazier and probably give Colas another shot....I don't know....tough call there.

He's not... but he HAS TO BE for the White Sox to actually compete. 

That ship has probably long since sailed with a tough schedule to get through here and the Twins beating up on the Tigers. 

8-9 games back heading into July is certainly a bad enough position to force some dramatic cutbacks to the payroll. 

They might even play better with younger, hungrier players... unfortunately, not enough that are ALSO talented coming up to replace the veterans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

EBFCE91C-8832-4412-AC73-A0E6F4DEC22E.png

Granted, not sure about the defensive comparisons between the two. And we are probably talking about something at the end of the day that amounts to nothing. But Mondou seems to be the better choice over Remillard to me. 

Pretty sure Remillard is just a f*** it we suck anyway might as well give the long time organizational guy some playing time as a reward for his faithful service scenario 

• Like 2

List of MLB 3B who developed chronic back issues and were forced to switch positions or retire:

Rolen, Crede, Chavez, Arenado, Wright, Beltre, Glaus, Lowell, Youkilis, Ventura, Blalock, Zimmerman

Maybe moving Yoan back to 2B (or if TA is dealt SS, yeah I said it) could be a legit solution if it kept him healthy. I think we are at the throwing s%*# at a wall point, because doing the same thing every year isn't working

Granted, not sure about the defensive comparisons between the two. And we are probably talking about something at the end of the day that amounts to nothing. But Mondou seems to be the better choice over Remillard to me. 

sometimes I wonder if the Sox intentionally keep hot minor leaguers (who've never been called up) down so they can use them as potential trade candidates down the road. 

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yoan and Anderson were the two position players that have put up one or two legitimate All Star 4-5+ fWAR seasons. Robert is the one White Sox with the potential to join them. Burger has contributed well in the DH role, if he can play 3B acceptably, he has a chance to peak beyond his age 27 season. Vaughn is still young and can improve, but average 1B seems to be his peak value a few years from now. Eloy hurt his thumb as a fetus sucking too hard on it. He stayed in the womb an extra 2 1/2 months, has been injured perennially since.

Eloy is a stud. Sorry you don't like the guy. He had key at bats again in yesterday's win as well as in the last few series. My point was, you take him out of the line-up and the line-up is weak....maybe sucks compared to what other teams have. We need all our big bats to compete including his. Eloy has been a clutch hitter. Watch the games and enjoy them instead of wasting time searching for adverse stats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tray said:

Eloy is a stud. Sorry you don't like the guy. He had key at bats again in yesterday's win as well as in the last few series. My point was, you take him out of the line-up and the line-up is weak....maybe sucks compared to what other teams have. We need all our big bats to compete including his. Eloy has been a clutch hitter. Watch the games and enjoy them instead of wasting time searching for adverse stats.

Here's the stat that matters and basically it is the only one : 30-39 going into Thursday night.

Rebuild is a failure, time for massive changes in the players on the roster and the people in the front office.

• Like 1