Grifol: 'If you don't like the lineups, talk to Jerry.'

joejoesox

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

His arrogance fits right in with this organization from ownership to the front office.

But this isn't the first time a Sox manager went off on the fans questioning the lineup construction:

‘‘Turn off their TVs and stop watching the game if they don’t like the [bleep]ing lineup’’ --Ozzie Guillen to White Sox fans

You're so right though, you can truly understand where this Grifol arrogance comes from, when you listen to Jerry, Kenny and Rick talk to the media. 

• Hawk 1

What veterans have the balls to demand out?...they are part of the problem

"I want a trade"....ok I will put them in some categories

No s%*#, he wants to be traded.....Giolito

You picked this team, sorry....Benintendi

Maybe there's a market....Graveman and Kelly

There's a market if you only watched yesterday's game....Lynn

Hahahahahah....Frazier and Andrus

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Politely stating they want out... 

Several veterans in the Chicago White Sox organization have privately expressed that they would welcome a trade, and considering the way they are playing, may soon get their wish. 

None of the players, however, have formally asked the White Sox front office to trade them. 

Which is just hilarious.  They crapped in the bed and now they don’t want to sleep in their feces-stained bed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Where do you put Anderson?  I think he is the number one guy that wants out because of his belief he is underpaid.  He is modern day Scottie Pippen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Where do you put Anderson?  I think he is the number one guy that wants out because of his belief he is underpaid.  He is modern day Scottie Pippen. 

Yep, I'd agree with you that he is like Giolito in wanting out. Unfortunately we'd be selling awfully low on Anderson while that is not the case with Giolito.

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

The fans will hate you in another city because you’re just an a-hole….  Anderson

• Like 1

Grifol will not recover from this, amateur hour cheap hire. All talk and zero results. He will be one and done. Basically a 11 game under manager feels no need to answer questions on his ridiculous moves. KC knew his ineptness and after 10 years in organization would not even give him a courtesy interview. That spoke volumes.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Grifol will not recover from this, amateur hour cheap hire. All talk and zero results. He will be one and done. Basically a 11 game under manager feels no need to answer questions on his ridiculous moves. KC knew his ineptness and after 10 years in organization would not even give him a courtesy interview. That spoke volumes.

Agreed but this is the White Sox

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wegner said:

Yep, I'd agree with you that he is like Giolito in wanting out. Unfortunately we'd be selling awfully low on Anderson while that is not the case with Giolito.

I'm sure Gio would love to get out. Odds are that he'd get to pitch meaningful games down the stretch (and vie for postseason play), and he would be guaranteed not to have the Qualifying Offer shackle entering the offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Maybe when he said go talk to Jerry about the lineups, Pedro had also forgotten the name of his bench coach and thought it was Jerry?

Or Little Jerry? Like Grifol is threatening to fight someone over it?
Amazon.com: Seinfeld The Little Jerry Chicken Rooster Black T-Shirt Tee :  Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Second time in the last 10 days or so he's made a snarky comment when asked about his lineup construction. 

This seems somewhere beyond snark to me. It’s hard to believe a manager would even say something like that, but if one did, you’d think it is most likely truthful. Jerry must be making out these lineups. Which is kind of insane to me, if that were indeed the case.
That’s just a wild quote really particularly from a rookie manager in a new org. If Grifol has gone into full f*** it mode, I can’t say I dislike it. I feel similarly after all

3 hours ago, joejoesox said:

Like most of the 26 man roster, Grifol is overmatched.  Remember, the Marlins interviewed him and went another direction. 

Forget the Marlins, dude couldn't even get the job at his Alma Matter Florida State. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

He is saying that which is a joke. It's a slap in the face to his immediate boss Rick Hahn. 

Good, nobody respects that ass clown, and everyone knows he is a worthless errand boy with not a single talent that can help this or any organization.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

In all fairness Pedro and his line ups aren’t the only reasons this team is bad. But he certainly isnt what we had hoped and what Rick and Kenny said he was.

Nightengale wrote several Sox veterans want out. Good.

Would wager there were at least 30 players who wanted out when La Russa was here. This organization is the Chernobyl of MLB.

Also, I could give zero fucks about this guy throwing a two day hissy fit and counting about Grifol’s answer.

• Like 1

Let's go back to the original Pedro Grifol press conference, when Rick Hahn announced Pedro as the new White Sox Manager.

This is a long 55 minute video, so I'm not expecting you to listen to the entire video. However I have listed some of the pertinent points to listen to, that will clearly illustrate the disconnect between Pedro's assertions to the reality of what actually has transpired under his watch:

1. 13:39-14:41 - After Hahn introduces Pedro as his new manager, the opening comments from Pedro before the media Q & A starts. 

2. 17:14-17:59 - Question #2 from media to Pedro

3. 19:38-20:28 - Question #3 from media to Pedro

4, 21:05-23:10 - Question #4 from media to both Hahn & Pedro

5. 23:12-24:32 - Question #5 from media to Pedro

Enjoy!