Now injured: Crochet

bmags

7 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I really liked him coming out and was excited when they drafted him. It didn't work but it's a gamble you take where they were in that draft. In a normal year Crochet wouldn't even have been available at 11. 

I don't know whether or not you are right about that, except to say that if he's drafted as a reliever, he in no way is worth pick #11.   Rushing him up to the pen in the year he was drafted is ridiculous, regardless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I really liked him coming out and was excited when they drafted him. It didn't work but it's a gamble you take where they were in that draft. In a normal year Crochet wouldn't even have been available at 11. 

Or he could have plummeted because he never proved he could actually be relied on to start

• Like 1

Just another endless example of this highly dysfunctional organization that has no clue. They continue to embarrass themselves in every single aspect of what it takes to be a successful winning baseball club.

They rushed Crochet back this year and there was no reason to do so coming off TJS, especially since the team wasn't going anywhere. It also makes you question if the Sox medical and training staff even did the proper rehab and strength training necessary to have Crochet recover properly from TJS. 

How many blunders does Hahn get before Jerry finally needs to wake up and fire Hahn. I guess some cats actually have 9 lives!

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

51 minutes ago, fathom said:

Or he could have plummeted because he never proved he could actually be relied on to start

In a normal year he would have had his innings at least built up a bit. It is possible that he got injured again and became reliever only. 

Based on the info they had at the time I think it was a worthwhile gamble. They lost on him, it's ok. He was throwing 100 mph from the left side, those guys don't grow on trees. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

He should have been IL'd immediately after the Dodgers appearance

letting Crochet continue to pitch with his velo down ~3+ MPH was incredibly dangerous and shortsighted

So they were playing in Seattle short two (Crochet, Romy) Friday and Saturday, three on Sunday (Tim).

1. Seven man bullpen after heavy usage.
  2. Bringing up your Monday starter and burning him in the bullpen in Seattle.
  3. Tim Anderson remains out for a third straight game.

Any update on Yoan yesterday?

2 hours ago, fathom said:

And to think after that rookie year we could have used him as a Corbin Burnes trade chip….it makes me sick to think how average he’s been ever since that offseason.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

And to think after that rookie year we could have used him as a Corbin Burnes trade chip….it makes me sick to think how average he’s been ever since that offseason.

Ugh man, forgot about that rumor.  Was it Madrigal and Crochet and then they wanted Vaughn and that killed the deal, or am I misremembering? 

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Ugh man, forgot about that rumor.  Was it Madrigal and Crochet and then they wanted Vaughn and that killed the deal, or am I misremembering? 

Something very similar to those names. A damn shame that we didn’t pull the trigger on it. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1