White Sox Winner Again!

Hang Wiffem

It's a great Sunday win and impressive series win. However that's baseball and sometimes a bad team can win a series against the best team.

Just be careful here, the Sox still have major flaws and are not a playoff team. I will not drop my guard and let them tease me thinking they are back in the race to win the Central. 

We've gone down this rabbit hole too many times this season.

Sorry to be negative, but it is what it is! This impressive series win shouldn't change anything to the fact, the Sox still need to be sellers in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some, time, some where, some  day, Moncada will be  back on the team. Burger has 22 home runs and 44 rbis. Moncada  probably won't hit 22 home runs the rest of his career. I'm really curious to see if they bench Burger and play Moncada full time.  Its time to move on from Moncada. Even if they have to release him and eat his money. So be it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's a great Sunday win and impressive series win. However that's baseball and sometimes a bad team can win a series against the best team.

Just be careful here, the Sox still have major flaws and are not a playoff team. I will not drop my guard and let them tease me thinking they are back in the race to win the Central. 

We've gone down this rabbit hole too many times this season.

Sorry to be negative, but it is what it is! This impressive series win shouldn't change anything to the fact, the Sox still need to be sellers in the next few weeks. 

You're not being negative. They were horrible before the break. And several times during the past two seasons, I thought they had momentum and didn't. I'll just enjoy this for a day. Still 15 games under .500. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Some, time, some where, some  day, Moncada will be  back on the team. Burger has 22 home runs and 44 rbis. Moncada  probably won't hit 22 home runs the rest of his career. I'm really curious to see if they bench Burger and play Moncada full time.  Its time to move on from Moncada. Even if they have to release him and eat his money. So be it.

With what they owe him he isn't going anywhere (no one wants him unless the Sox eat most of the salary). They are stuck with him until the end of next year then..."he gone!"

They'll play him you can bet on it. Burger will take a seat until Eloy goes on the IL yet again.

• Like 1

Guardians lost. Walks killed them. Twins down 3-2 in Oakland. They’ll come back and win and the Sox will still be 9 back in the loss column.

Twins start a 10-game Mariners-Sox-Mariners sandwich tomorrow.

Edited by flavum

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Guardians lost. Walks killed them. Twins down 3-2 in Oakland. They’ll come back and win and the Sox will still be 9 back in the loss column.

Twins start a 10-game Mariners-Sox-Mariners sandwich tomorrow.

Doesn’t matter.

You don’t leapfrog three other teams at this time of the year.

Especially when you’ll be selling in two weeks.

2 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Doesn’t matter.

You don’t leapfrog three other teams at this time of the year.

Especially when you’ll be selling in two weeks.

I agree. Just pointing out to the eternal optimists that even with two wins in Atlanta, the Sox are never getting to .500.

And the Twins did win.  Hopefully they at least play .500 the next couple weeks so the Sox front office doesn’t get any crazy ideas about riding it out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Burger is it.

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Just don’t give the dopes in charge any delusions between now and the deadline. 

That's my biggest fear the next 2 weeks. If we're within 4 games of Minny before the deadline, the dolts on the FO will think we're in it. We need to be 10 back to feel "safe" they won't screw up the deadline. The only saving grace is JR is using his mouthpiece (Nightingale) to signal a purge is coming.