7/22/23: Chicago White Sox @ Minnesota Twins - 6:15 PM CDT TV: Fox Radio WMVP AM 1000

30 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They should get a couple pieces in these upcoming trades and they will have some money to spend in the off season but the hope comes from Hahn and Haber not being in the building.  That will be a very good thing.  

Wait what?

Is Harold saying Hahn is in fact gonna be fired?

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He's made it clear he is not selling while he is alive. 

He made it clear years ago, and things change. Like his wife dying. From NBB and eloy vs the wall, it seems like he may be getting tired of this operation

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

53 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

There is no hope and this isn’t pessimistic, this is realistic. I maintain that this is the worst spot the franchise has been in, in its history. Black sox scandal was bad but at least they had fucking fans back then. Jerry reinsdorf and his New York cronies have completely tanked the Sox since they’ve been in charge. Hell even 20 years ago they could compete with the cubs for fans, now it’s completely one sided. And rick hahn/Kenny Williams have proven for 15 years they have no clue how to build a team in the modern era, and there’s no way they will be fired under this ownership. No hope for the major leaguers and no hope for the farm and no fans, makes this the worst spot this franchise has ever been in. Literally the only hope is reinsdork selling, which I believe to happen sooner than later. Then we can talk about hope

This.  What Chicagoland kid in his right mind would even have the Sox on his radar screen when you know the Ricketts will probably buy another division or more at some point soon?

The Sox are the Chicago Blitz.  An afterthought.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

The Chicago Sting played ten seasons in the NASL and won two Championships.

Jerry has one advancing playoff team / championship in 43 seasons after the 2023 season ends.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

This.  What Chicagoland kid in his right mind would even have the Sox on his radar screen when you know the Ricketts will probably buy another division or more at some point soon?

I just looked them up and had totally forgotten that Marv Levy was the head coach of the Blitz in their 2nd and last season.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yep, same with the Bears.  

the difference is the McCaskeys own a beloved $6B franchise while Jerry owns 20% of a $2B franchised that's only known for their logo. Jerry doesnt care about the taxes he just wants "white sox owner" on his tombstone. thats worth more than the extra $20M in taxes he saves his kids .

• Like 1

Man, do the White Sox stink. Another L. It's going to be a long long time before the Sox field even a .500 team again. Who would have thought Sox would dip this low? 

This is not working out well cause Hahn is the one to make all the upcoming trades yet he is the main problem with the demise of the team. This is insane. I think we can all agree .500 will not be attainable for a long long time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Chicago Sting played ten seasons in the NASL and won two Championships.

Jerry has one advancing playoff team / championship in 43 seasons after the 2023 season ends.

Thanks for posting. I was there in 1981!

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

all you gotta do is throw fastballs inside off the plate to us and we will strike out and hit weak ground balls.

You can't swing at that s%*# Robert.

Robert is a terrific talent.. if he ever develops the ability to have good at bats he could be devastating.

He gets himself out 50% of his bats id estimate.

Two on, two out, two strike count and 101 at eye level.  You try laying off.  Not that you're wrong, but it was a great bait pitch.

9 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't know what to think about Renteria and LaRussa having this group of losers play winning baseball for the last 3 seasons. 

I still don't think managers matter much, but one thing for sure is that we hired probably the biggest dud in baseball managerial history.

Grifol is worthless. 

Grifol IS worthless but somehow someway the horrible  hiring of TLR messed up the mindset of the players, might have been the Mercedes incident or telling these guys not to run hard on groundouts or whatever but I don’t ever remember a team that has hit rock bottom in such a short time from being WS contenders to the dregs of Baseball.
I’m not sure how they are going to rectify this mess but IMHO there are no untouchables on this team including Robert and Cease. The first thing that must be done is the firing of Hahn and a complete restructure of the minor league system. If JR cares at all he must bring in the best baseball people he can find and give them a free rein without any interference from him.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

7 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Two on, two out, two strike count and 101 at eye level.  You try laying off.  Not that you're wrong, but it was a great bait pitch.

Robert perplexes me, the guy with any kind of discipline would bat .320 with a .950 OPS. I wouldn’t mind seeing some emotion out of the guy but like Moncada when he strikes out he just walks back to the dugout without a care in the world. The guy is without a doubt a 5 tool player and could be one of the all time greats in Sox history but to be great, you have to want to be great, not sure if that’s in Robert’s makeup. I’m also not sure if like Moncada that he really loves the game.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1